It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2003, 07:35 AM   #1

supermom97-01 HB User
Angry now.... I wait....

I had my thyroid uptake and scan on friday, so now i (im)patiently await the results. Expect the worst, hope for the best right? I just hope the Drs can fix me. The tremors get so bad sometimes I just want to cry. (by the way i was diagnosed hyper)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2003, 08:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

K9Mom HB User
Sometimes waiting for results can be the worst part. I too was hyperthyroid with Graves disease. (I'm currently in remission) My best advice to you would be to use this time wisely and purchase "Thyroid for Dummies" by Dr. Alan Rubin and read it! If you are hyperthyroid and it is due to autoimmune thyroid disease ~ Graves Disease ~ then you will need treatment.

There are 3 treatment options for Graves hyperthyroidism. 2 of the options are permanant and damage or remove all or part of the thyroid gland. However, in Graves, the thyroid gland is not the CAUSE of the disease, it is the VICTIM of the disease. It is my opinion that everyone who is hyperthyroid should be given anti-thyroid medication to bring their thyroid levels down to normal BEFORE they are required to make any kind of permanent treatment decision. Our brains are affected by too much thyroid hormone and I feel that we are not giving our INFORMED CONSENT when we are hyper and with little to no knowledge about the treatment options.

Please do yourself a favor and learn all you can BEFORE you choose a treatment option. Best of luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread