It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2003, 02:17 PM   #1

foxtrot HB User
Question I have Dr. appt. need advise

Does anyones energy level pick up in the evening?

Does eye puffiness come and go?

Does anyone experience stopping of menses for a couple of days and then flow again?

I want to be armed with as much info as possible.

Thanks.
Liz

Old 09-19-2003, 02:54 PM   #2

imsotired HB User
Don't know about anyone else, but I usually feel worse in the evening (not that mornings are great either).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2003, 08:56 PM   #3
Inactive

Sky_Eagle1 HB User
This is part of the Circadian Rhythm - your body will change dependent on the amount of light in the room (or the sky) and time of the day it happens to be.

Part of this response is the variation of the secretion of adrenal hormones. It could very well be that you have an adrenal problem where your adrenals are just fine at one point in the day, but have problems in other points of the day.

This is also part of the reason why the better tests for adrenals use saliva testing at 3-4 times of the day. The urine tests have a problem of averaging - it's over a 24 hr period, you could be low at one point of the day and higher at another point of the day and it averages out to "good".

HTH.
Quote:
Originally posted by foxtrot:
Does anyones energy level pick up in the evening?

Old 09-21-2003, 09:14 PM   #4

pozitoz HB User
Talking

Yes to all three of these questions. Especially the stopping of menses. I just chalked it up to the fact that the thyroid med (Armour) that I'm on is in control of all hormones in my body. Infact since starting Armour 6 mos. ago I immediately noticed the period changes. I could set my watch to when that time of month is, now, it's off by days, and it lasts longer, heavier, and as you mentioned-stops and starts. I used to get eye puffiness until I went on med, now it's just when I eat Chinese foods (Msg, I think)
My energy level is WAY up in the evening...I can't figure it out!!
I'm a couch pototo all day and then BOOM! I take my med once in the a.m. and once in the late afternoon.
I hope this helps! Good luck at the Doc!!

Closed Thread