It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2003, 12:47 PM   #1

redhead66 HB User
Post Armour Thyroid medication

I've had hypdothyroidism now for 7 years and have been taking synthroid. Has anyone used Armour Thyroid medication? If so, how is it? Any great change. Negative, positive?

Old 09-21-2003, 03:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

AngelaA HB User
Hi,

I started from day 1 on Armour and gradually moved up in doses. Then last month I found out Armour uses cornstarch as a binder, nothing wrong with that unless you are allergic to corn like I am. I switched to Naturethroid which is hypoallergenic and since have not had as much nasal congestion, like I get from corn. That said there are other natural thyroid replacements like Westroid and Bio-throid. The good thing about these natural replacements is besides getting T3 & T4 together you also get T1, T2 and calcintone (sp?) The calcintone helps you to utilize calcium and research is now beginning to show T2 is important with metabolism. Bodybuilders use T2 as a weight loss product.

[This message has been edited by AngelaA (edited 09-21-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2003, 06:46 PM   #3
(female)

Redford Phyl HB User
The use of the word hypoallergenic should be banned. I've used many products labeled hypoallergenic which brought on immediate and severe allergic reactions. I've had no problems with Armour, but I've had problems with many other drugs over the years. If you have allergies,the rule of thumb with anything, be it ingested or topical, is watch carefully for at least 48 to 72 hours for any unusual reaction.

Old 09-22-2003, 08:40 AM   #4

Ibis HB User
I have taken Armour for 30 years. At one point my Dr switched me to synthroid and I became hypo on it.
For some reason, Dr like synthroid, mayne the drug companys influence them. Since then I have insisted on Armour and when I am taking it correctly, it is great. I forget I have this illness. My thyroid does not function at all, so I am dependent on the supplement.

Closed Thread