It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2003, 05:44 AM   #1

mauigal HB User
Post advice please

Hi I am just needing some encouraging words today....
I started my synthroid about 2 weeks ago and stared feeling a little better and then yesterday and today I feel bad...maybe worse than before I started...I ache really badly...does anyone know if its typical to feel good and then bad and then good etc ehile you are starting out and getting your levels up?! I started on 25 and am moving up slowly...When I felt good I was so excited and now Im feeling discouraged....please tell me this will get better....have a great day

Old 09-22-2003, 06:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User
Don't be discouraged. You'll have good days and bad days. I'm still working on getting my synthroid dosage right. I'm on 75mcg now. Started with 50. It takes about 4-6 weeks to really kick in. I am an exception. It took about 7 1/2 weeks for me to feel it with the 50 mcg. When I went up to 75, it took just a couple of weeks. I know it's discouraging. We all want to take the pill and have it work as fast as Advil does on headaches. But it takes time to accumulate.
Also, I'm wondering how you're taking the medication? It is very important to take it on an empty stomach and with no dairy products. (1 hour before, 2-3 hours after).
Hang in there. Better days are coming for all of us!
Barb

------------------
"Troubles are often the tools by which God fashions us for better things".

[This message has been edited by Bosmom (edited 09-22-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2003, 07:20 AM   #3

mauigal HB User
thank you so much for taking the time to reply.
I take the synthroid at around 6 am just with water and then go back to sleep. I dont eat breakfast for at least 1-2 hours afterwards.
Why did I feel good for awhile and then bad again? I dont understand I guess.
Is this something thats going to be an on going fight for the rest of my life or will I be the person I was again after the levels are right? I cant imagine going the rest of my life like this.

Old 09-22-2003, 11:49 AM   #4

Ibis HB User
It does take about a month for the hormone to work. I take Armour and it works for me, synthroid does not, so maybe you have to work on the amount of the med, but also be open to finding the right one for you. Hang in ther and good luck. When my meds are right, I forget I have this thing!

Old 09-22-2003, 12:05 PM   #5

Ibis HB User
It does take about a month for the hormone to work. I take Armour and it works for me, synthroid does not, so maybe you have to work on the amount of the med, but also be open to finding the right one for you. Hang in ther and good luck. When my meds are right, I forget I have this thing!

Closed Thread