It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2003, 04:40 PM   #1

luke1 HB User
Post Diagnosed Hashimoto's - What now?

I have been waiting almost two months to see my endo. Today she diagnosed me with Hashimotos’ and then told me outside of Synthroid there is no other medication. I asked her about Cytomel but because I also have anxiety problems she didn’t think that would be a good choice. She said my labs were right on, but she insists she treats the symptoms. So I am back on my original dose of Synthroid. I feel like I have just gone in a big circle. My symptoms still persist, even though they are not as bad as they were two months ago. So much for the medical world.

My chiropractor told me he can treat Hashimotos’ using the Jaffe-Mellnor method. I did a little research and found that it is about 50% effective. Regardless, I am going to give it a try. Has anyone else tried the JMT for Hashimotos’?

Old 09-22-2003, 05:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB User
If your endo told you that there is no other med than synthroid than you need a new endo, your doc is catering to the pharmaceutical company that makes synthroid and is not treating YOU.
There are many other meds, synthroid does not work for everyone. If you are not feeling any better on synthroid then you need to try a different brand or different dosage. If you want a different brand insist on it if you continue to see this doc.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2003, 07:51 PM   #3

DeadPaladin HB User
I just made a search on google for JMT and nothin came out.
What exactly is this method??

------------------
That which does not kill us makes us stronger.

Old 09-22-2003, 08:19 PM   #4

luke1 HB User
Check out this site for info on JMT:
[url="http://www.jmt-jafmeltechnique.com/index_files/index_main.html"]http://www.jmt-jafmeltechnique.com/index_files/index_main.html[/url]

Old 09-22-2003, 08:39 PM   #5

DeadPaladin HB User
My chiropractor told me he can treat Hashimotos’ using the Jaffe-Mellnor method

Your chiropractor needs more money
HASHIMOTOS is an autoimmune disease
autoimmune diseases have no actual cure
I doubt that your chiropractor can make you feel better with your symptoms as long as they come from a hormone dissorder.It's like you re having a sore throat and you need some medication and your chiropractor says to you i can fix you by giving you some nice warm hags and my love.
I m sorry for saying these ...but i m aware of what people can say to desperate patients just to earn more money.I know of patients paying money to docs just to take some placebos.
Whatever....my opinion is that there is no chance in methods like this one.
But as long as it doesnt hurt you and you have the money ..why not try it...you may see some results(i doubt it).

------------------
That which does not kill us makes us stronger.

Closed Thread