It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2003, 07:31 PM   #1

chitown HB User
Question dizzy

I have given up on doctors but do any of you have dizziness that goes along with hashies? I feel crummy. I just can't get regulated. Maybe menopause doesn't help. I am tired of my hair falling out and gaining weight. tired, tired, tired. I don't feel like even reading a book. Can't concentrate long but I am still working. i don't think anyone knows how I feel, I fake it pretty well. Any input from you all on the dizziness?

Old 09-22-2003, 08:00 PM   #2

DeadPaladin HB User
No ,dizziness is not one of my primary hashis symptoms though it comes and goes from time to time.
I am only 26 though ,male, without menopause probs LOL

The way i see it ... in women hashis have a great connection with menopause ...i ve seen many mahy cases with women on a menopause stage producing hashis.
My aunt is one of them.

------------------
That which does not kill us makes us stronger.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2003, 11:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

Iwannalife HB User
Or does the thyroid problem cause the menopause. I've read many times about after thyroid levels are better, menopause goes away at least for awhile. Since being hypo can goof up periods so much, it seems like maybe it brings on the menopause rather than menopause bringing on the hashis. Horse or cart. hmmmm. IWL

Old 09-23-2003, 02:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Divermon HB User
I have had vertigo (not dizziness - there is a difference. See [url="http://my.*****.com/content/healthwise/90/22367)"]http://my.*****.com/content/healthwise/90/22367)[/url] with the Hypo/Hashi, but I wouldn't know if they are truly related. At this time, I tend to believe they are. In my case, the vertigo came on when my TSH reached a low point of 0.11, (where it is now). Once I get my TSH back the other way, I am hoping the vertigo will dissapear.

I am also considering the possibility that since I am so HyperT at this time, due to over medication, that I may be experiencing over reaction to stress.

[This message has been edited by Divermon (edited 09-23-2003).]

Old 09-23-2003, 09:08 AM   #5

cowgirl27 HB User
One of the reasons I got my blood tested before I knew anything about having hypo was because I felt dizzy a lot. Either after I ate or after I was sitting for a little while. So, I got my blood tested for diabetes and found out that I didn't have it, but that I did have Hypo. I don't know if one has anything to do with the other, but dizziness was and sometimes still is something I experience. I'm 27 and am not going through menopause either. I have an appointment tomorrow and I am going to ask her about it.

Old 09-23-2003, 09:12 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB User
Yes, dizziness is common, I have Hashi's and sometimes I am a bit dizzy daily, not all day, just for a while I'll be a bit light headed. I also get vertigo and this usually happens when my numbers are a bit off. I have also noticed that I get the dizziness more often when it is close to my cycle.

Old 09-23-2003, 09:29 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

lovemythreeguys2002 HB User
I do get light headed, but only had one episode of true dizziness. I had woken up to use the restroom...I was standing there in my bedroom and the room was litterally spinning like I was drunk...lol...I had to hold on to the walls to walk to the bathroom.

------------------
Hashimoto's~Hypo
Multi-nodular
No meds, waiting for scan

Old 09-23-2003, 01:41 PM   #8

cowgirl27 HB User
One time I was at the computer for a little while and when I got up and walked a little ways, I got dizzy and fell down. I didn't know what to think about that.

Old 09-23-2003, 07:43 PM   #9

TXgirly HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by lovemythreeguys2002:
I do get light headed, but only had one episode of true dizziness. I had woken up to use the restroom...I was standing there in my bedroom and the room was litterally spinning like I was drunk...lol...I had to hold on to the walls to walk to the bathroom.

i too had a spell of dizziness,, i went to the drs and they gave me meclazine , said i had virdigo,, but now that im wondering if its from my thyroid,, im waiting on tehm to do my t free 3 and 4 s and i notice when i lay down at night my head is kinda dizzy,, so its prob form my thyroid too,,,

Closed Thread