It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2003, 04:28 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lovemythreeguys2002 HB User
Post This is freaking me out!

Ok, I have been off meds from one week due to a scan coming up. I was just sitting here and turned my head...my whole head vibrated and buzzed like an elecric current was going through it...it lasted for about 15 seconds and scared the crap out of me....is this a thyroid thing? UGHHHHH

I am glad I wasn't driving or something...sigh

------------------
Hashimoto's~Hypo
Multi-nodular
No meds, waiting for scan

Old 09-21-2003, 04:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

AngelaA HB User
I have no idea what it is, let's hope its just a muscle spasm. I get this vibrating feeling in lower abdomen, sometimes in arms or legs and a few minutes ago got it in upper thigh. Lots of people on the board complain of same thing so I'm assuming vibrating is part of having thyroid problems. I don't dare tell a dr that I vibrate! Are you taking calcium, potassium & magnesium?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2003, 04:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally posted by AngelaA:
Are you taking calcium, potassium & magnesium?
I am taking calcium and magnesium, but not potassium, my blood levels are normal and I know excess can be dangerous.

I have had the buzzing feelings in my legs, it's like if you had a pager that vibrated and you were wearing it in your pocket....

Dumb question...are there muscles in the brain? LOL

------------------
Hashimoto's~Hypo
Multi-nodular

Old 09-21-2003, 04:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

AngelaA HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by lovemythreeguys2002:
I

Dumb question...are there muscles in the brain? LOL

Geez... is your brain vibrating too? In answer to your question, yes there are many muscles surrounding the skull, though not in the brain itself.

Old 09-21-2003, 04:45 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally posted by AngelaA:

Geez... is your brain vibrating too?
I can't tell the difference between my brain itself and just my head...LOL

I just felt it all over.

------------------
Hashimoto's~Hypo
Multi-nodular

Old 09-21-2003, 04:52 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

AngelaA HB User
If your brain is giving you problems I'm tempted now to tell you about a procedure I'm having done next week. Its called something like NCRT. It is so bizarre, but I trust my chiro enough to let her do it. It's suppose to be the only way to "adjust" the sphenoid. Only 30 people in the world have the training to do it. It's indicated for people with head injuries, birth traumas (like from forceps), chronic sinusitis and facial asymetricities. I was show before and after pics of people that had it done, even of a woman with Parkinson's. After the treatments she had more control of her facial muscles. I've had two head injuries and injured by forceps, plus deviated septum & sinusitis, thus I was a major candidiate for procedure. Now here's the weird part... its done by inflating a balloon in your nostril to make the sphenoid move and makes the sinus passages tilt so all that yucky infected stuff will drain out. I'll let you know if it works...

[This message has been edited by AngelaA (edited 09-21-2003).]

Old 09-21-2003, 05:30 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deda HB User
I just had to respond to this one, although I haven't posted on this board yet.
I was just DX'd in July. All last yr. and even before that, I was having lots of hypo symptoms. It wasn't showing up yet, as all they would check is my TSH. I have had a lot of electrical sensations throughout this whole time, off and on. (It is getting much better tho) Anyway, one day I was taking a nap and was awoken by a huge electrical shock feeling over my whole face!! I swear, it even seemed that I heard it "BUZZ"!!! It scared me to death!! Of course when I told a Dr. I was seeing at the time, he just kind of chuckled about it. Never has happened again on my face, but I do still get little zinging feelings every now and then on various parts of my body. (some weird places too) Having hypoT is FREAKY!!

Old 09-21-2003, 05:34 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Welcome to the board!!! It indeed is freaky....I think the thing that worries me is how do we know what is a Hypo symptom or maybe it's something else?

Now that I am off meds temporarily, I guess I expected my old symptoms to come back and not something new...acckkkk!!!

------------------
Hashimoto's~Hypo
Multi-nodular

Old 09-21-2003, 08:00 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Divermon HB User
My Wife is not hypoT, but she had experienced something in her leg, that may be similar. She described it as being like an electrical current running through her legs.

We have a friend who is a Surgical Nurse, who told us that is a very common side effect when you take too much Calcium. My wife had recently added calcium, so she discontinued this, and the symptom dissapeared.

Old 09-21-2003, 09:10 PM   #10

KazKan HB User
I too had this vibrating buss in my neck at times and was blaming my thyroid. It turned out to be a nerve. I had bone spurrs on my upper spine and the nerves would occasionally become inflamed and cause this. It's worth checking into. A new iron for the fire, just what we all need. KK

Old 09-22-2003, 01:44 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deda HB User
LM3GUYS,
Thank you for the welcome, and yeah, I know what ya mean about worrying which symptoms are hypo or if I'm getting another horrible disease. One thing that has sure helped me relax a bit, is coming to these boards and hearing of other ppl with the very same symptoms. I've even dragged my hubby over to the computer saying, "read this, I'm not goin' crazy"! Before I discovered this BB I really had a lot of fear. It's good to know you're not the only one feelin' freaky.
Divermon-About the excess calcium...now that has me wondering, as at the time I had the face shock feeling, I was taking 1200 mg a day calcium citrate. Now I only take 800mg's. Hmmmm?
I'm very grateful to have discovered you guys. I've learned SO much from you very knowledgable people. It was from reading a lot of your stories that made me certain I had hypo, (even tho I suspected it for a long while)and made up my mind to go to my Dr. once again. I will post my story soon. Thanks for being here.

Old 09-22-2003, 05:16 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

Ginger9708 HB User
I also get this buzzing/vibration sensation in my thyroid/chest area. It also freaks me out because I dont have a clue what is going on.

Old 09-22-2003, 07:58 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Divermon, I take Calcium 500 each day, so I know that isn't too much...thanks though.

------------------
Hashimoto's~Hypo
Multi-nodular

Old 09-24-2003, 10:57 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

Divermon HB User
I wouldn't know how much calcium is too much. I don't think my Wife was taking anything extreme. I did ask her again, after my last post. She said it was not just like an electrical current. It was also like a vibration..... sounded like what you described.

Again, it's well known (not my Docs, only by Nurses, ya know?) and went away as soon as she backed off the calcium.

Closed Thread