It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2003, 08:20 PM   #1
(female)

Gypsysoul HB User
Post TSH level problem or menapausal??????

I had a total thyroidectomy in June and have since been on Synthroid. My dr. started me on 125mcg and has moved me down to 88 mcg since. I go back next week to check my levels again. I have no idea what they are at the moment.

But I've notice a whoooollle new problem and I don't know if I should suspect my TSH levels or maybe I'm getting ready to go through "the change". I'm almost 43 yrs. old. I started my period last Tuesday....lasted a whole 2 days this time. I never had long cycles...3 days...4 tops... but this one was really short. By Friday, I was finished. Last night I was having night sweats, which I never had, and I was having hot flashes during the day today. My period headache is back and I'm spotting again. And I've noticed I'm hungry ALL the time, like I am before that time of month and I can't seem to get a handle on it. I'm gaining weight too, which I'm not thrilled about. Has anyone experienced problems like this that were thyroid-related....or maybe I am approaching that time??? I'm not sure which dr. to consult at the moment....my Endo or my Gyno! Maybe both.
Thanks for any input.

Ann

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2003, 08:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lovemythreeguys2002 HB User
I had a total thyroidectomy in June and have since been on Synthroid. My dr. started me on 125mcg and has moved me down to 88 mcg since. I go back next week to check my levels again. I have no idea what they are at the moment. >>>

Since you have no thyroid, you need to be on a full replacement dose, and I cannot imagine that 88 mcg's is doing the trick. I would ask what your last labs were.

------------------
Hashimoto's~Hypothyroid
Diagnosed in May
Just started Armour

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2003, 07:44 PM   #3
(female)

Gypsysoul HB User
When I had my TSH level checked after being on 100mcg of Synthroid, it was still a little high (I can't recall the number.), so he lowered me to 88 mcg. I'll go next week to be retested...This time I'll write it down, because apparently my memory is shot too.

Closed Thread