It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2004, 05:45 AM   #1
(male)

hypolarry HB User
neck sweating

Does anyones neck sweat, exspecially at nite. I go through spells where I wake up and my neck is soaking wet in sweat. Is this symptom from having an under active Thyroid? I have an under active thyroid and am talking Armour for it. Does anyone else have this symptom?
Thanks
Mark

Old 04-18-2004, 05:46 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

miper HB User
Re: neck sweating

I do this sometimes, but I just thought I was hot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2004, 06:18 AM   #3
(female)

BonBe HB User

This is really quite interesting. I have neck sweating badly at night, both on the back of my neck, and on the front of it...literally soaked hair and wet neckline of jammies.

Also knee sweating (back of knees) and add to that ankle sweats. Boy imagine having 'sweatbands' for all parts of our body? I thought mine was due to 'age' so that is why I am intersted with this thread.....

I also have a rash today on my neck. (but then again my meds have been increased up a tad) I am still feeling the what I call benefit from it, more energy, and clearer mind is that possible do you think? or is it my imagination

Bonnie

Old 04-18-2004, 06:49 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

miper HB User

What kind of rash? I get a rash that you can see, but not feel....red. Then it just goes away an hour or so after I see it. I aslo get it on my arms sometimes.
Hmmmm......interesting.

Old 04-18-2004, 09:09 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

I have had that quirky neck-sweating... but only since I've been taking Armour, and only this past winter. I can't say it was "soaking" sweat; only a little 'dewiness'. Now that the weather is warming, I don't seem to have it.
I haven't a clue what to make of it.

Old 04-18-2004, 10:50 AM   #6
(female)

BonBe HB User

my rash is under arms...(one little single line of dots) the ones on my neck today are like if you were allergic to pine trees and got stuck by a bunch of needles. the rash is red centre ***, with sort of yellowing colouring encircling it. Dosnt bother me but weird!!! last night with mild night, and rain and fog, maybe the dampness was more than we are used to this time of year here....and I had the bad neck sweat (felt I was floating in bed hahha) but made me clammy feeling.

Still feel great with the boost in meds though.....energy to burn, until the proper time at night....(well usually tis 9:00 pm. I pass out) but lately I have even been known to stay away till 9:30 - 10:00 pm. still wake tween 5:am and 6 though...but am working on that (FAT CHANCE)

Bonnie

Old 04-18-2004, 02:47 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

cossette2 HB User

I have that neck sweating too, but mostly when I'm fighting a cold bug. I don't sweat anywhere else, just my neck and so much so that I have to change.

At the same time my forearms are always cold (not my hands tho) and my upper back. I have these woolly sleeves I wear to bed to cover my forearms. It looks funny, but it does the trick.

Old 04-18-2004, 03:30 PM   #8
(male)

hypolarry HB User

Well I guess I am not alone on this one. I will ask my Doc if he thinks it could be related to the thyroid. What is weird besides the sweating neck, my body in the middle of the nite feels cool to the touch. I guess this could be related to low body temp.
Be well
Mark

Old 04-18-2004, 03:33 PM   #9
(female)

BonBe HB User

another thing to add or to question is this.... now I hope I do not sound weirder than I am. haha

I have noticed that the hair on my forearms leg, and latter 'swoop' of my eyebrows has all but disappeared. Not that I was a 'hairy ape' but the underarm hair is also gone have not shaved in 3 years..... one or two fine ones is all that is there. GEEEEE WHIZ

So along with being rashy, and non hairy (which is a good thing) my hands are cold, my feet are warm (when I wear socks)

Midwest I LOVE YOUR DEWINESS!!! like in the olden days or in polite circles women only glisten they do not SWEAT!!! ah elegance where has it gone?

I also sweat (ooops glisten in heaps) in the cleveage (sorry guys, maybe more information than you wished to share)

Bonnie

Old 04-18-2004, 04:15 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

miper HB User

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!! I'm right there with ya!!!!!!

Old 04-19-2004, 12:12 PM   #11

bebettersoon HB User

I have had the neck sweats several times. Even before starting meds a month ago. I also have thigh sweats. They stop right at my knees. Very weird having only a part of your body sweat while the rest is fine.

Closed Thread