It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2004, 09:32 AM   #1
(female)

mymission HB User
Parasite Cleansing

I have been doing alot of research on parasite cleansing/candida cleansing which involves alot of different herb supplements. I haven't had any luck on finding out if it has an affect on a person taking Levothyroxine. Has anyone out there done this type of cleansing while on this med? My Pharmacist didn't know. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-29-2004, 10:57 AM   #2
(female)

opalfire HB User
Re: Parasite Cleansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymission
I have been doing alot of research on parasite cleansing/candida cleansing which involves alot of different herb supplements. I haven't had any luck on finding out if it has an affect on a person taking Levothyroxine. Has anyone out there done this type of cleansing while on this med? My Pharmacist didn't know. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
I'm sorry I don't have the information you're asking, but one suggestion would be to visit a naturalistic doctor. I would be leery of taking anything with thyroid medication unless it's been cleared to be okay with that medication. In fact, not to throw water on your project, but before doing any kind of parasite cleansing (which is pretty hard stuff) shouldn't you have checked to see if you needed it?
Judy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2004, 02:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

bluesnowflake HB User

I had seen a natropathic healer a few years ago. At the time, I was not on meds, but did have hypoT. She reccommended a 'drink' that detoxified my system of worms and other parasites. She knew of my thyroid problems, but I recall nothing mentioned that this would affect anything. I never had any problems when I drank it, and it helped SO MUCH! I used to have so much pain when I would wake up in the mornings, and I haven't had any problems since. That is exactly what she said it would do.

It really depends on what herbs you would be digesting. There are many things that can affect the thyroid, as well as interfere with meds. I would do a search on the specific ones that you are considering.

To be honest, I would probably take it anyways. Many natural interactions with different substances can usually defend themselves if anything goes haywire. I wouldn't think that anything would cause long term affects or new symptoms. I like to try new things anyways, our bodies are all so different that who knows?

good luck,

blue

Old 06-30-2004, 07:10 AM   #4
(female)

mymission HB User

Thanks everyone. I think I am still in denial that I have hypoT. I just want to find all the ways to feel better.

Old 06-30-2004, 11:10 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

If you want to learn ways to live better with your hypoT, check out the book Living Well With Hypothyroidism.
I would echo the others in saying some herbs can be risky to take with thyroid trouble, and would make you feel worse in the long run.

Closed Thread