It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2004, 08:45 AM   #1

wanttobehealthy HB User
Lots of symtoms.

Hello Evryone!

I just need some help..

I have been from doctor to doctor.
I finally found a doctor whom suggested thyroid testing which I had done yesterday and awaiting the results.

Here are the symtoms I have had for years since I gave birth to my first child. I am 29 years old.

Some of the symtoms come & go some stay but seems to have gotten worse lately..

insomnia
Really Bad PMS-Very Moody & nervous
leg pain-severe
My hair falls out more than normal
Acne
I get low energy then sometimes I get hyper with rapid heart beat.
constipation-Severe

I feel like my skin is ageting faster than normal I do not know but my skin on my face is more droopy now & I am getting wrinkles already at 29.-Is this normal for my age?

My periouds are pretty heavy & last up to 10 days.

I just do not feel right I feel depressed & have memory problems.

Do any of you have simular symtoms? Are these symtoms common with Thyroid problems?

Thank You for all your help..

Old 08-18-2004, 09:06 AM   #2

bubblebug64 HB User
Re: Lots of symtoms.

Take time and read some of the posts here. You will find that you are Most definitely NOT ALONE!!! It sounds to me like my story... and so many others. It seems that the Thyroid is a tricky little thing... intended for the sole purpose of making us think we have lost our minds. The good news is that you haven't!!!!

I have only been posting to this board for about a week. And it has helped a great deal. There are a lot of wonderful people here, who really UNDERSTAND ... they have been there and done that... so to speak. They also have a great deal of knowledge to provide.

When you get your lab results... post them here... and i am sure someone will be able to explain them to you.

Read others questions.... and what really helped is the post at the top of the page where people share their stories... I read for hours... and realized I am not Alone.

Good luck with your test results... and happy reading

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2004, 09:38 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB User

Post your results with the ranges here when you receive them if you want and we can help interpret them. Some drs think that just because your results are in range you are o.k., but a lot depends on where in the range your numbers fall.

You very well may have a thyroid problem, at least his dr was wise enough to see that.

Keep us posted.

Old 08-18-2004, 11:22 AM   #4
Inactive

mariepom HB User
Arrow Re: Lots of symtoms.

Hi Wanttobehealthy,

I have alot of symptoms also....and not on any meds yet. But that was interesting about the droopy face. I have been noticing the samething. I have a sister that is 8 yrs older than me and I swear we are starting to look like the same age. But anyhow I thought that was interesting that you bring that up.

Marie

Old 08-18-2004, 06:39 PM   #5

wanttobehealthy HB User

Thank You!!

Well it is weird. I have been sick for 11 years now since I had my first child.

I was diagnosed with Postpartum & then later depression.

I have been on all sorts of antidepressants.

I am angry cause I know something is wrong with my Body not my mind although it dose effect the mind.

This is the first doc that suggested thyroid testing.

I talked to my grandmother she was treated when she was younger for Hypo & my great grandmother who is 96 takes meds for hyper.

My Doc told me this runs in families.

And yes it is weird the droopy face thing & wrinkles already.

I hate this!! I hate this I just want to feel normal. It started very young for me & I feel like I have missed out on a great life.

Here is a interesting thing I was thinking of...

After I had my daughter, you know those tests they take when they ***** theair heel?
Within a week of bringing her home they sent me a certified letter telling me my daughter tested postive for hypothyroidism..

I took her back to retest she then tested negative.

I wounder if it has anything to do with my blood since they test them right after they are born?

Anyone know anything of this?

Last edited by wanttobehealthy; 08-18-2004 at 06:47 PM.

Old 08-18-2004, 07:12 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy

Within a week of bringing her home they sent me a certified letter telling me my daughter tested postive for hypothyroidism..

I took her back to retest she then tested negative.

I wounder if it has anything to do with my blood since they test them right after they are born?

Anyone know anything of this?
I have heard that you need to test the baby after birth if the mother is hypo during pregnancy, but I think this is if the mother is on thyroid meds, although even not on meds it may affect the baby. It may very well be that you were hypo then.

Closed Thread