It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2004, 03:27 PM   #1

rebekkabobekka HB User
seen the endo

Hiya..I finally got in to see my endo...he put me up to 150mg synthroid...and feels he will have to increase it again at a later date..
My TSH was 67.8
My thyroglobulin was 1.9ng
before I had my thyroid removed my TSH was 1.39
so I can see now why I feel so crappy!
I do not have to have the RAI treatment because he said it wasn't called for because the mass of cancer they found was so tiny that it was by chance they even found it... I guess I was lucky in the fact that I found it soooo early...He feels I should be just fine and my survival rate is the same as a person who never had thyroid cancer...so that is promising!!
I did have a CT scan and everything was clear...the only thing that they found was some thicking around my heart..which after he seen my levels he was comfortable in saying that it was do to my levels..I really like him...he is strickly for the thyroid and a professor at Ohio state University...so I was real happy about the fact that he has alot of expierience...But anyway..thats what i have found out...and after everything i have been through I am now back to work and am feeling alot better...

Old 08-19-2004, 08:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bellajoon HB User
Re: seen the endo

Glad you are feeling better! That is good especially since you are back at work. Boy, hope that TSH comes down for ya. Are you taking anything? I have always heard that thyroid cancer is the most treatable of all cancers. Glad you are feeling better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2004, 06:55 PM   #3

rebekkabobekka HB User

Hi Bella..
Yeah the doc said that my survival rate is that of someone who never had cancer...I caught mine really early...it was the size of a pin head...although I am doing better I have had to over come alot...mostly the feeling like crap and the calcium was my biggest problems..my calcium stayed dangerously low for along time...and thats not a feeling i want to have again...although sometimes i can still feel it getting alittle low...I am on 150mg of Synthroid...and it is helping alot....I went 2 months without any meds so having them now is like winning the lottery...lol
hope everything is good with you...
talk to you soon
Bekka

Old 08-20-2004, 09:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User

I am soooo happy for you! How lucky you are to have had your surgery when you did and to have a wonderful doctor to boot!
I hope you continue to feel better and better and that your TSH is back to normal soon.
Barb

Closed Thread