It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2004, 03:19 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Ellyn HB User
Is this part of being Hypo

I'm still in Hypo land slowly bringing up my meds. I have noticed the last 2 months that I get the chills for about 2 weeks out of the month. Last month it happened and my Cycle made an appearance. Its been very not so regular. So I made sure I put it on the calander. Well the chills started again about 1 week ago but my cylce is like 2 weeks late.

This time I took my temp a few times and it was 98.2 but prior to going to bed it went up to 99.2. Its so weird. I feel so cold. Last Blood test was 2 weeks ago and My TSH was up at 40. I'm all messed up. I'm taking .75mcg of Synthroid and I need to slowly get myself back to 100mcg. I seem to have a resistance problem with the thyroid med. What I need is stability on the med. They have me up and down. I do have hashi and the good news is my Antibody count is down to 1,000 from 3,500 8 months ago.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2004, 09:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bellajoon HB User
Re: Is this part of being Hypo

Ellyn,
I am so sorry you are still having problems. I can't believe that you have been going through this for so long. I would be bedridden like I was when I was first diagnosed. I can't remember if you ever tried anything other than synthroid. Seems like a small dose for someone with hypo. I do take 75 too, but also take cytomel. I wish you can get yourself stabilized. Sending your way!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2004, 08:26 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Ellyn HB User
Re: Is this part of being Hypo

Hi Bellajoon
Thanks for the reply. I feel lost on this board now. Not many replies. I took a break from it while trying to get balnaced. Its been about 2 years now and I'm tired. The docs are surprised to that I'm moving around even when my TSH was 110. Yep it went that high. That happened when they switched brands to see if I would respond better. So I have tried them all now and back to Synthroid. It seems to be the only one I can sort of tolerate. Have had all the blood tests you could imagine done too. All normal except the thyroid and antibodies. Had my Nodule biopsy and it was loaded with Hashi.

Been up and down 14 pounds. Sleep well I take advantage of the nights I do sleep. Even being Hypo I don't sleep well.
I'm back to my GP in hopes that we can get this balanced. Hashi is not fun and it is sure being stubborn this time.
Thanks again for replying

Closed Thread