It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2004, 08:08 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

AprilPow HB User
Question Endo update....

Hi! I went to the endo yesterday. Explained to me about graves disease, etc. (my tsh was low) also said my thyroid was 2x's its size. Took more blood I should know more tomorrow. However I went to the ob/gyn last month b/c of missing period. She ordered an ultrasound which I had today and they said I have polycystic ovaries.
Which puts me at an increase for diabetes, heart disease...etc.

Does anyone have info about these 2 things being related??
Also, anyone with hyperthyroid- which treatments did you choose? The doc said with the radioactive iodine that I can't sleep in the same bed as hubby for a 1 1/2 weeks and I also have to be careful about how long I hold my kids, which is rough since I am a homemaker!

What are your thoughts?
Thanks!
April

Old 08-20-2004, 04:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: Endo update....

April,
I'm bumping up your question in the hope that K9Mom sees it. She will tell you not to make a hasty decision to have your thyroid RAI ablated, and that you should try anti-thyroid medication first.
If you get no response to this question within a reasonable time, post it again with K9Mom's name in the title to get her attention.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2004, 05:36 PM   #3

curlyroller HB User
Re: Endo update....

april, also look at this thread: [url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=199824[/url]

k9mom posted some great information in it. good luck to you!

Closed Thread