It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2004, 02:56 PM   #1

lpntiff HB User
Question New lab results

Hello, I am a 24 year old female. My physician just called and is concerned b/c my TSH level is 0.2. I am scheduled for a Thyroid Ultrasound and a radioactive Thyroid scan next week. I have been experiencing symptoms of overwhelming nervousness for the past 1 1/2 years which never goes away...could this be a symptom of hyperthyroidism. What can I expect during all of this testing?

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2004, 06:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB User
Re: New lab results

Welcome to the boards.
The tests will show whether you have any swelling or nodules, the ultrasound takes all of about 15 minutes and is not painful, not sure about the scan I have not had one of those, but I doubt its painful and probably doesn't take long either.
Have you had any other issues you may not realize are related to thyroid? intolerance to heat/cold, nausea, irritability, weakness or fatigue, hairloss, weight loss/gain, breathing difficulty, heart palps, racing heart? The nervousness can very well be caused by the thyroid.
Did they do any other bloodwork other than the TSH? like total or free T3, total or free T4?

Hang in there and keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2004, 08:56 AM   #3

lpntiff HB User
Re: New lab results

The T3 and T4 were within normal limits but on the higher end of normal. Yes, I have had many of those symptoms such as nausea, heart racing, palps, and intolerance to heat but I never thought twice about them. Thank you for your input and I will keep you posted!

Tiff

Closed Thread