It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2004, 01:10 AM   #1

midnightraven HB User
Hyperthyroidism or something else?

Hi. New person here.. been having some symptoms lately and thinking I may have hyperthyroidism.. here's a rundown of my hyperthyroid-ish symptoms:

-anxiety (always had some but much worse lately)
-headache (usually rarely get)
-pain and difficulty swallowing and constant sensation of something applying pressure on the throat area (started happening about 2 days ago, getting a bit worse each day)
-fatigue
-insomnia (always had but worse lately)
-intolerance to heat.. I get hot & sweaty after walking for 10 mins in 70 degree weather(have had for a couple years)
-restlessness
- weaker upper body strength
- rapid heartbeat
- increased bowel movements

I also have occasional muscle twitches and increased sensitivity to sounds so it may also be chronic stress, as I've been stressed out a lot recently.. but I won't know till I see the doc in a week or so. I've also heard that body temp tends to be high in hyper and low in hypo, but my normal body temp has always been (past 5-10 years as far as I know for sure) lower than normal, like 96-97, though lately, like in the past year or so it's risen to be more "normal" like 97-98. My most recent blood test was a while ago, in October '02 and my TSH was 1.0 (range = 0.4 - 5.5). My biggest concern is the headache and throat/swallowing issues as I've never had them outside of something obvious, like a headache after a long day or swallowing issues when I have a head cold. Also, I'm a 23 y/o male if that matters (hyper more common in women I've heard?). Oh, and sorry for all the parentheses.. just realized.

Last edited by midnightraven; 08-22-2004 at 01:25 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread