It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2004, 02:19 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
Eye Problem!! White Line Bump Red Eye

Me again resident pest (lol) my eye was red today and my partners just had a look its the outer bit of eye he says it looks like a bump with a white line downwards and then red covering it!! i had my eyes checked in july and was told there was no graves behind my eyes what the hell is happening now? its not sore or anything just looks weird l alos have had puffy lids for approx 4 yrs helpppppp.....

Old 08-23-2004, 03:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User
Re: Eye Problem!! White Line Bump Red Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by niecsey
Me again resident pest (lol) my eye was red today and my partners just had a look its the outer bit of eye he says it looks like a bump with a white line downwards and then red covering it!! i had my eyes checked in july and was told there was no graves behind my eyes what the hell is happening now? its not sore or anything just looks weird l alos have had puffy lids for approx 4 yrs helpppppp.....
I just wanted to say that I have never heard of that kind of eye problem. I have graves and I have proptosis. That is where your eyes get very dry and they bulge out a bit. But, you said they didn't find graves behind your eyes.

Hang in there niecsey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2004, 03:55 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hello Lady hunny xxx my eye looks alot better today not red raw looking lm off to docs late afternoon armed with notes etc l dare say l feel in a tad better frame of mind! So hopefully l wont forget anything at the appointment. How are you? My eyes have been a bit runny (tears) lm glad l never cried now or ld of been a right sight hahahaha hope your feeling ok and l will report back later have a lovely day xx love niecsey x

Old 08-23-2004, 03:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ps forgot to mention if l havnt got any behind my eyes how come everyones coming out of woodwork now when l tell them what l have and saying ' l noticed your eyes looked different' l dont understand how they look diffferent and numerous people have said this yes l have the puffy lids but if they look so different to various people how come l have not got it behind my eyes? Im so confused they do look a little buldgy to me but doesnt that happend when you HAVE got it behind eyes? I will never work the mystery of the thyroid out ever (the auto immune disease! even!) c you later xx

Old 08-23-2004, 04:23 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

K9Mom HB User

The only way to check and see if you have Thyroid Eye Disease that is affecting the muscles behind your eyes is with a CT Scan. Did you have one of those done Niecsey?

If you look in the mirror, straight on, can you see any white of your eyes above and/or below your iris (the colored part)? With proptosis and lid retraction you can see the whites of the eyes above and/or below (or both) the irises.

Old 08-24-2004, 03:18 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi K9 X no no scan it was the optician he spent ages looking sometimes in one eye l can see white under the iris but when lm looking in the mirror for changes l tend to stare! I know various people have various eye probs with graves eg conjunctivitis , dry eyes. bulging eyes etc should l trust the opticians verdict? it was only july when l seen him. Did you get to read my post after my doctors visit yesterday? Update docs visit? l would be interested if you can make anything out of it please. Thank you so much have a lovely day xxx

Closed Thread