It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2004, 08:57 AM   #1
Inactive

naanee HB User
Thumbs up Update on new naturopathic doctor Today!!!!

He gave me Armour thyroid & took some more blood work for my hormones. Becouse i have been not feeling good at all. I had a Hysteractomy last year in Sept.03.
He want me to do Allergy tests. he told me your ANTI-THYROID ANTIBOIDES is hight it's good to check your Allergies but i told him not yet. Could you please let me know Why he want to do Allergy tests. Armour thyroid is not enought for my problume. I need your guys input. Please i need your help here.

Thiiodothyronie Free 3.0 (2.3-4.2)
Free T4 1.1 (0.9-1.8)
TSH 2.16 (0.35-5.5)

Autoimmune Studies
Thyroglobulin AB 1001 (40)
Thyroid Perox AB 10 (35)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2004, 11:01 AM   #2
Inactive

naanee HB User
Re: Update on new naturopathic doctor Today!!!!

Midwest or anybody else where are every body???????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2004, 11:33 AM   #3
(female)

Michele12 HB User

You wants to do an allergy test to see if your tiredness could also be due to some kind of food you may be eating and that you're allergic to.

Old 08-23-2004, 11:45 AM   #4
Inactive

naanee HB User

Thanks for reply. i will look in to that. bad thing is ins. is not going to coverd. right now i am not working dew to my other health problume & i can not afford this test right now. i was just wondring this test i have to do it, in order to get my thyroid level.

Old 08-23-2004, 12:21 PM   #5

Felix73 HB User

mmaan,

If it's any consolation, before I was diagnosed with hypo, I had a food allergy test done to test for anit-body reactions to over 300 food. Turns out I was very allergic to cow's milk, eggs, garlic, yeast and beef (!!!). I cut these foods out and felt slightly better but it was being diagnosed and starting proper thyroid meds that made the real difference.

Hashimoto's (which I imagine you have if your anti-bodies are high) is an auto-immune problem and you can develop allergies to food, chemicals etc as well. I think your doctor just wants to check what else is going on too. If I were you, I'd get the thyroid sorted first and then get tested for other allergies if your problems are not resolved and when you can afford it. The decent tests are not cheap.

Good luck,

Felix x

Old 08-23-2004, 12:56 PM   #6
Inactive

naanee HB User

Thank you for reply Felix. yes i am going to wait for while than i will surly get it Allergy test done.

Old 08-23-2004, 01:42 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

I agree with Felix that for the time being, focus on your thyroid. If you get it straightened out, the allergies - if there are any - may improve on their own. After it appears your free T levels are in the optimum range, if you still have lingering symptoms, ask to have your adrenals tested. That would be, IMO, a more sensible place to spend your money before allergy testing, because it often happens that when one endocrine system becomes stronger, the other can become weaker. There must be a good balance for a person to feel well.

Did the doctor tell you that Armour isn't enough for your problem, or is that your idea? Your free T4/T3 are both low, and your TSH high. After you've been on a good dose of Armour for a long enough time, this will improve.

Last edited by midwest1; 08-23-2004 at 01:44 PM.

Old 08-23-2004, 08:30 PM   #8
Inactive

naanee HB User

midwest1,

doctor did not tell me Armour isn't enough, that i was my thinking only. doctor just wants to check what else is going on in my body. thanks for your reply.
You all are the best. without you guys i will be still wondring why i am falling a part.

Last edited by naanee; 08-23-2004 at 08:33 PM.

Closed Thread