It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2004, 03:35 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bellajoon HB User
Bonbe

Oh girl,
I am so sorry for what you have to go through. Please know that all of us here will pray and send good thoughts to you.
Please keep us informed on yourself. BJ

Old 08-24-2004, 05:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: Bonbe

Sweet Bonnie,
I know exactly how serious melanoma is. But I want you to focus on the fact that it can be beaten. My neighbor had surgery for it 20 years ago... She has a misshapen leg to show for it, but she also has her life. You will too... Believe it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2004, 07:06 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

nornie HB User

Oh Bonnie, just sending good thoughts your way. You have been through so much, but it has made you stronger and I know you will beat this. As Midwest said, yes it is serious, but I also know someone who had the same type of diagnosis "severe aggressive," and she's fine 15 years later. And there's even better treatments out there now. So you can do this. Lotsa prayers and hugs for you.

Nornie

Old 08-25-2004, 12:05 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

bluesnowflake HB User

Oh my Bonnie, you know how much we love you around here, you know we are behind you 100%...we'll kick that melanoma's a** to smithereens, it won't know what hit it.

Knowing you, you are so strong and will fight this, but remember, you are human like the rest of us, let us help you!

Thank you for being there with me in my times, I will always be here for you! After all, you are my computer mom!

Lots of love, alexis

Old 08-25-2004, 04:29 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User

Sending you special hugs and wishing you a mega fast speedy recovery!!! xxxx

Old 08-25-2004, 04:58 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

cossette2 HB User

Will be praying for you Bonbe. So sorry to hear about your illness. You sure have been through a lot. (((((HUGS))))

Old 08-25-2004, 06:20 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

patience 50 HB User

Oh Bonnie, I don't know what to say to you. Please know that I will hold you at the top of my prayer list morning and night until we hear that you are fine. I'm sure they told you this is beatable. I'm also certain you're not sure you believe it and fear is a terrible destroyer of faith. Hang in there. We will ask God to give the Dr.s the knowledge and the skill they need to cure you completely. We need you here.

On a light side, and you should know I posted this on JBs by mistake, If we had fallen in luv with Mel Tillis or Donald Trump our initials would be BLT.

May God Bless You and Hold You In the Palm Of His Hand.
Patience 50/ the other Bonnie

Old 08-25-2004, 06:50 AM   #8
(female)

BonBe HB User

Dear Everyone

Thankyou all so very much for your wishes and prayers. I have faith in God that what ever is the path he has given me, I shall walk it to the end. I am scared most definetly but then havent we all been at one time or another in our lives? We have so much to deal with having TD it sickens me. To know that we struggle to get attention, to get calming love from our friends and family, many of whom do not know about this TD stuff or even care for that matter, they tend to only see what they wish to see.

I weep when I see postings here that folks see us as sometimes lazy without a life, and oh you all know what I mean. I have been so fortunate in my life and family and friends outside of the one three I have who also have TD (one had it removed, one has Hashi, one has like myself only a enlarged one more than mine) they are all three doing marvellous, and I think they sometimes look at me in a diff way. Those super duper fun fun gals with TD hahah the majority are us here...... and we do what we can with what we have.

To each and everyone of you I thank you from the bottom of my heart for you well wishes. I will continue to post here, as I still do have TD but I have also posted on the skin cancer board, but do not 'know anyone' there yet.

I have 7 days till surgery..... and to know it is cancer before I head in, I am wondering does that make it easier? doubt it. the waiting is over for that horrid mole. (and to think I wrote a funny wee story about Mr. Mole and his life on my vertabrae) hmmmmm nasty feller he turned out to be.

I hope that someone is able to answer JB question about my dose uppage, and should I discuss it with my fam doc (who really follows my advice as to what is good for me) I have had to stop all drugs, now.... my pain (arthritis) stuff, my acid reflux stuff, and of course NOT my synthroid, but I do wnder about when I am in 'therapy' after this surgery..... hmmmmm Guess the cancer doctor will know (there!!!! I said the word) and I am still here!! haha

Patience 50 aka other Bonnie..... I once (before meeting my Bob) went out with a guy whom I adored (in high school) age 14 15 mind you his last name was T I never thought about being Mrs. BLT hahahah did not know about that sandwich back then..... still into the chips and gravy from the Beatles era.... but ya we could have been so many strange combos.... My dh is a Bob so we are Bob and Bonnie (my kids re NOT B's) but my dotter initials is sounded out would be JELLY hahaha

But been Bonnie (me) for what 35 years and counting!

Love and hugs to you all
Bonnie Lea

Old 08-25-2004, 07:39 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bellajoon HB User

You know I have been on these boards for so long it really feels like I can almost see all of you. Reading everyone's posts this morning brought tears to my eyes. There is so much love and compassion here it just seeps out of the computer. Bonnie, you will get through this and we will all be here cheering you on!

Old 08-25-2004, 02:22 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

jinglebts HB Userjinglebts HB User
Unhappy Re: Bonbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellajoon
You know I have been on these boards for so long it really feels like I can almost see all of you. Reading everyone's posts this morning brought tears to my eyes. There is so much love and compassion here it just seeps out of the computer. Bonnie, you will get through this and we will all be here cheering you on!
yes, some of us know each other so well, and we're of all parts of the world and and of all nationalities ... this is one of the times when the technology of war (DoD, Defense, <whatever> in other countries) benefits us greatly ...

doctors must be sick and tired of us saying, "LOOK! here's the latest research paper on osteO [or parathyroid treatment, or adrenal fatigue] -- no, no, you fool, it's been proven that that's not the right approach!!"

jb

Old 08-25-2004, 02:30 PM   #11
Veteran

west end girl HB User

{{{{{{{big hugs}}}}}}} thinking of you .....

Sara xx

Old 08-25-2004, 02:54 PM   #12
(female)

BonBe HB User

sara you just make sure you enjoy your soggy but FUN FUN rock festival..... think of sun shine and PLENTY OF SHADE mind you!!

Love and take care
Bonnie Lea

P.S.
let us know all about it somehow.
Dont forget your meds.
keep your neck warm, or cool (depends on the weather)

Old 08-26-2004, 05:30 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

heddy73 HB User

~~~~HUGS~~~~ Hold your head up,we'll all help whenever we can!!!YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Think of us a your personal cheerleading squad~~~

Old 08-26-2004, 05:55 AM   #14

Eeyore22 HB User

Bonnie - We'll have you in our thoughts and prayers.

Even though we don't have the medical knowledge about skin cancer that they do on the skin cancer board, we'll give you as much support as we can...

Hugs - Carol

Closed Thread