It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2004, 12:31 AM   #1

Felix73 HB User
Question Sore neck - hypo or something else?

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my recent posts. I'm wondering if anyone can help me.

I was diagnosed with hypo about three weeks ago and put on levothyroxine (75mg now). I am starting to feel slightly better but I still have a really sore neck and I can see that one of my tonsils is slightly enlarged. As well as soreness around the throat area, I've got it around the jawline/below the ear area. This doesn't seem to be getting any better. I'm also feeling really chilly.

Can anyone tell me if this is usual or is there something else going on as well.

I'm starting to think I am going mad with all this!

Thanks,
felix x

Old 08-26-2004, 06:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: Sore neck - hypo or something else?

I would say this is not usual. I'm not sure what it could be, though. Sorry I can't help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2004, 08:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eagle HB UserEagle HB UserEagle HB User

I'm not a doctor, but I too have the soreness there including my whole right arm. Tonsils were removed half a century ago.

Maybe you and I just need another dosage increase, sure would like to know. Several doctors haven't been able to tell me what's wrong with my arm. In case it's too much computer clicking, I wonder how long you have to stay away from the computer? Probably impossible. I have a lap tray for my mouse, know I'm still using my arm too much. Have had the pain in left arm too, unable to lift it w/out pain, so pc's not the whole picture. Muscle relaxant was prescribed for the left arm, more than a year ago, which got better. You have any allergies? I take some otc allergy pills all the time, when postnasal drainage is itching and ears closing in on me.

Old 08-28-2004, 10:20 AM   #4

Felix73 HB User

I'm just hoping it goes away once my meds are at the right level. I will mention it to the doc though in case it is an infection. If it can be treated, much as I avoid anti-biotics like the plague, I will take them!

I do take anti-hystamine tabs at night to help me sleep. I found out from another board that these can interfere with absorption of thyroid med, so I will try cutting them out for a couple of days to see if this make a diff. I can't increase my meds for a few weeks as I have just had an increase to 75mcg.

I think it's a case of just mixing things up and finding out what works for you.

Do you think your arm is RSI? Have you tried seeing a chiropracter. I've heard they can really help for thyroid problems and the general aches and pains that go with it. Cranial Sacral therapy is also really good.

Felix x

Old 08-29-2004, 10:42 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eagle HB UserEagle HB UserEagle HB User
Thanks Much, Felix, Learned Some Things Here!

I think I will try the things you suggested, and I didn't know the allergy pills interfere with thyroid absorption ! Thought I had an absorption or conversion problem because my dose is rather high and doesn't seem to be working nearly as well as it did for years.

Closed Thread