It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2004, 08:41 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bellajoon HB User
Synthroid's Generic

Hello everyone!
It is so weird that I was feeling so good and then bam yesterday afternoon, crap. I have been taking the generic synthroid since Monday. Well, by yesterday afternoon, I had a major headache (which I never have) and my heart was pounding more than usual. My pulse wasn't too high, just felt the blood pump through my whole body. I didn't sleep last night because all I could feel was the heart pounding, pounding, and pounding. I still have a headache and went to work anyway. I am going to call the pharmacist to find out if it could be the medication. This is the pits! If it doesn't get better, I am going to demand the synthroid back!
Also, I need some support to help my son. He is on 50 generic synthroid and feels like crap. He is tired all the time and last TSH the doctor had was 3.68. I am going to find a new doctor today for him. I am going to ask a lot of questions of this new doctor. She is a woman and comes highly recommended by a co-worker. Wish me luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2004, 03:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bellajoon HB User
Re: Synthroid's Generic

Talked to the pharmacist and he didn't think that the generic would do this to me and that maybe I got some kind of bug that is going around. Well, I feel really weird. I was driving home at lunch and felt like I was going to pass out. I ate something and took a nap. I felt a little better so went back to work. I am starting to feel bad again. My face feels warm and I can feel my heart beat. It is not a high rate though. I told the pharmacist I would give it another day or so with the generic and see. Do you think I should call my doctor?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2004, 06:06 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

If you don't have any fever, it probably isn't a bug. Did you take your temperature?
I think I mentioned to you a while ago that switching brands can cause rather big changes in the way the meds work. This might be happening to you and your son, but I hope not.
Hope it is just a minor something-or-another.

Last edited by midwest1; 08-26-2004 at 06:07 PM.

Old 08-27-2004, 08:07 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bellajoon HB User

Midwest,
It must have been something weird because I feel so much better today! I did take my temp last night and it was 96.1, low as always. Maybe the brand switch might have something to do with it and I am going to watch it closely. The pharmacist said I could switch back if I wanted to. My son has an appointment with a new doctor next Thursday and I am going in armed.

Old 08-27-2004, 09:07 AM   #5

Felix73 HB User

Bellajoon,

we have been going through the same thing at the same time.

I switched brands as I was itching like hell but the last two days i have felt like death.

Is it best to stick with the new med and ride it out or switch back to the old one do you think?

Hope you are feeling better.
Felix x

Old 08-27-2004, 09:45 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bellajoon HB User

Felix x,
I only have been on this generic since Monday so really don't know. I was feeling so bad yesterday that I almost went home. My co-workers were really concerned how I looked. It is strange because today I feel ok. I just wonder if it just might have been me adjusting to it. I will ride it out though because I filled a 90 day supply.

Old 08-27-2004, 10:59 AM   #7

Felix73 HB User

Bellajoon,

Wishing you luck with the ride. Will be thinking of you.

Felix x

Closed Thread