It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2004, 09:27 AM   #1

Noahsmommy HB User
Question what is this?

Hi Everyone,
So I have been having some very strange things going on with me, I was hoping I could get some feedback or suggestions as to what it could be to ease my mind. I am seeing my doctor in 2 weeks but that seems so far away.
Here is a little info about me, I am 24 relatively healthy other then being overweight and I had a baby 5 1/2 months ago. ANd in the past I have had panic and anxiety problems.
So about 3 months ago I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid. I am taking levoroxine (sp) for it. I noticed it was making me feel very shakey, kinda like an internal buzzing or an idle motor feeling. I saw my doc and told her about it and she lowered my prescription but it still continued. After a little while I stopped taking it and it continued so I am back to taking it and just trying to deal with the shakiness.
I have also started having some wierd sensations in my legs, feels like they are weak. I feel that mainly in the morning.
Along with all that I have also been having a great diffuculty waking up in the morning. My son is on a pretty good sleep schedule, so I am pretty confident its not from him.
And also my memory is fading. I have some diffuculty remembering some stuff, its never anything really big but stuff like all the grociers from the store or sending mail out.
And finally mny period hasn't started since I had my baby. I am not breast feeding, pregnant or on birth control. It just seems pretty odd to me that it has been over 5 months and no period yet. I am seeing my gyno next week.
So thats all that is going on with me, I know everything seems so varied and in my opinion it all seems to not relate or fit together. But I am wondering if maybe they do all pertain to one certain disease, illness, or just my body is having a hard time getting back to normal after having my son.
My biggest fear is a brain tumor, b/c of the shakiness, and memory problems. But I do not have any headaches, nausea, or seizures which I know to be symptoms of that. ALos my mother passed away from breast cancer 3 years ago so I am super paranoid about everything that happens to me. I guess also part of me is a little depressed about taht still, especially know that I have a baby but no mom who would really enjoy him.
Ok so thats all, any feedback, ideas or suggestions would be so great! Like I said I am seeing my doc in 2 weeks but I'm worried about it now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2004, 12:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jinglebts HB Userjinglebts HB User
Talking Re: what is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahsmommy
Hi Everyone,
ANd in the past I have had panic and anxiety problems.

So about 3 months ago I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid. I am taking levoroxine (sp) for it. I noticed it was making me feel very shakey, kinda like an internal buzzing or an idle motor feeling. I saw my doc and told her about it and she lowered my prescription but it still continued. After a little while I stopped taking it and it continued so I am back to taking it and just trying to deal with the shakiness.
I have also started having some wierd sensations in my legs, feels like they are weak. I feel that mainly in the morning.
Along with all that I have also been having a great diffuculty waking up in the morning. My son is on a pretty good sleep schedule, so I am pretty confident its not from him.
And also my memory is fading. I have some diffuculty remembering some stuff, its never anything really big but stuff like all the grociers from the store or sending mail out.
And finally mny period hasn't started since I had my baby. I am not breast feeding, pregnant or on birth control. It just seems pretty odd to me that it has been over 5 months and no period yet. I am seeing my gyno next week.
So thats all that is going on with me, I know everything seems so varied and in my opinion it all seems to not relate or fit together. But I am wondering if maybe they do all pertain to one certain disease, illness, or just my body is having a hard time getting back to normal after having my son.
My biggest fear is a brain tumor, b/c of the shakiness, and memory problems. But I do not have any headaches, nausea, or seizures which I know to be symptoms of that. ALos my mother passed away from breast cancer 3 years ago so I am super paranoid about everything that happens to me. I guess also part of me is a little depressed about taht still, especially know that I have a baby but no mom who would really enjoy him.
Ok so thats all, any feedback, ideas or suggestions would be so great! Like I said I am seeing my doc in 2 weeks but I'm worried about it now.
these all sound like some kind of endocrine prob. to me, and more to the point, hypO ... what were the results of your blood tests? you need to find that out so that you can post them and perhaps better minds than i can sort this out ...

when you were DX'd, had you had an antibodies test too? if not, get one ...

the inability to get up in the morning, leg weakness, panic/anxiety attacks and memory probs. are all consistent with hypO, and maybe you should read up on the symptoms by looking at info. in the Sticky: info archive thread near the top of this board ... like, are you hoarse? constipated? cold? heat intolerant? depressed or do you have mood swings? that kind of thing ...
also, be aware that hypO symptoms and hypER symptoms can overlap ....

what dose did the doctor start you on and what are you one now?? (this is important b/c if you start too high, things may go wonky) ...

jb

Old 08-29-2004, 12:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

AprilPow HB User
Re: what is this?

Hi there! I had a baby 6 months ago, my 3rd. Up until then I had NO thyroid problems. I started freaking out, mostly VERY anxious and irritable. Slept terrible, tired during the day. I only had 1 period (in June) which made think something was up. Until this last pregnancy I was always "normal". I didn't breast feed I am not on birth control...etc. (my tubes are tied) I went to the docs, she tested my TSH, which came back .09 I also had an ultrasound and they it looked like I now have PCOS. I went to the endo, which gave me the more thorough blood tests for thyroid, TSH .03 and high t3 levels...and I am hyper. Got an uptake test done, was diagnosed with Graves. My gyno said my ovary thing might just be from my overactive thyroid.
There is also a condition called Thyroiditis in which your thyroid becomes inflamed b/c of bacteria or a viral infection and is pretty common (I guess!) after pregnancy! I guess you start off hyper and then become the oposite- hypothyroid.
What exactly were you tests results? There are a lot of knowledgable people on here who may be able to help you!

Hope this helps. You aren't alone!

April

Closed Thread