It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2004, 06:35 PM   #1
(female)

lil'missdiagnosis HB User
ready to give up

Hi,

I went to a follow up with my new endo today to get the results from new bloodwork, second thyroid uptake, fourth thyroid ultra sound. I have been very ill with what seems to be a thyroid issue (I've been tested and ruled out for everything else) for over 2 years now. I thought time had to be on my side this time since I have been feeling bad for so long with no true diagnosis. I actually pray that something will show up. I know there is something so wrong. Anyway all tests came back normal (of course) except my T3 which was very high and my TSH which was very low (right on the hyper line, .3 I think it was). My endo thinks that although I have the following symptoms:

Rapid heartbeat
Rapid, hard pulse
Palpatations
Excessive sweating
Warm, moist skin
Hot palms
Shortness of breath
Flushing of skin
Joint Pain
Muscle weakness
Eye pain
Swelling in neck
Neck pressure (which creates neck, jaw and ear pain)
Ringing of the ears
Dry skin
Dry thinning hair
Hot body, I'm always hot
Tremor in hands
Muscle twitching
Weird fluttering feelings in upper body
Frequent trips to the bathroom
Insomnia
Restlessness
Nervousness
Trouble swallowing
A feeling like there is something in my throat
Etc...............

......I am completely normal. For the past two years I have put myself through endless testing, examinations, and trying to convince almost 40 doctors that I am sick! But they all say, I am NORMAL. Although I feel like I am slowly dying I guess I am too exhausted to continue this fight for someone to listen to me. I am completely out of ideas and energy. What more can I do? I am ready to give up and give in. If anyway can shine a ray of light, a good suggestion, can tell me what I am doing wrong, please help.

lil'miss

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2004, 07:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User
Re: ready to give up

So sorry that you are having such a hard time with the doctors. Don't give up. You know your body and you know when something is wrong. Don't let somebody else tell you that you're normal when you know that you are not. I wish I could help, but I'm new to this and still searching for a doctor to believe me, too. Perhaps some other people will have some good suggestions for you. Just remember that you are not alone here and that doctors don't know everything. Keep trying.

Old 09-02-2004, 12:34 AM   #3

Felix73 HB User

Hi there,

I went through the same thing. I felt like death but the results of the endo's blood tests were "normal" so I was diagnosed with CFS (ie can't find anything wrong so we'll put it down to that!). No treatment was offered apart from anti-depressants. Pah! I knew from my research that it was likely to be my thyroid

Do you have your lab results and ranges? Post them here and get some input.

Finding the right doctor is the biggest battle you have now. Where do you live? Someone here is bound to know someone who can diagnose thyroid problems, if that it what it is, from your symptoms. I ended up getting on a plane and going to the UK to see someone who i thought could help. He said it was "obvious" that it was my thyroid even though I fell within the "normal ranges". I was just not in the right place within those ranges. Why don't you put a new post calling for help finding a top doc in your area. Also, check out the Top Doc directory on the home page.

Good luck,

Felix x

Old 09-02-2004, 05:42 PM   #4
(female)

lil'missdiagnosis HB User

Thanks for your replies. I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I'm on the East Coast so if anyone knows of a doctor they would recommend in the D.C./Baltimore area please pass them along.

Thanks again,

lil'miss

Closed Thread