It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2004, 05:14 PM   #1
Inactive

puton10 HB User
Unhappy My Mom is gone

Some of you wrote to me when I was feeling really down and worried about my throid, and about my Mom. She passed away last Friday, and we just got back from her funeral. It was very difficult....and sad. I just wanted to say thank you to all that said prayers and sent good thoughts my way. It was all very much appreciated.

I am on Armour Thryoid, and I already feel a difference in my weight a little bit. I don't feel as bloated, but with everything I have been through it is hard to say. I am going to try to diet again and see what happens. I don't know yet if my levels are correct. I have to wait a few more weeks to get blood work done.

I will keep in touch. Again, thank you.

Old 09-04-2004, 08:48 PM   #2
Inactive

JohnsBabe HB User
Post Re: My Mom is gone

puton10...I am so very sorry to hear about your mom. Please take extra special care of yourself during this difficult time and keep in touch here.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2004, 08:52 PM   #3

hyperone HB User
Re: My Mom is gone

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Conserve your energy because during this time even people who are healthy with no thyroid issues wear down. You are in my prayers!

Old 09-04-2004, 09:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User

I know what it's like to loose a mom. Please accept my deepest sympathy. It's very important, as I'm sure you know, to take good care of yourself.
My prayers are with you and your family.
Barb

Old 09-05-2004, 03:43 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

cossette2 HB User

So sorry to hear about your Mom . Sending hugs to you.
My Mom has had alzheimers for about 14 years now and i don't look forward to the day i get the news that she's gone. Even when they're sick it's never easy. Take care.

Old 09-05-2004, 05:00 AM   #6
Veteran

west end girl HB User

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

sara xx

Old 09-05-2004, 07:46 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

nornie HB User

Terribly sorry to hear this. My Mom died 25 years ago and I still miss her like crazy. Take very good care of yourself, it's a very stressful time even if you think you are handling it.

{{{hugs}}}

Nornie

Old 09-05-2004, 08:36 AM   #8
(female)

LovesTeaching HB User

So sorry to hear about your mom.

((((((hugs)))))

Old 09-05-2004, 11:27 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User

So sad............ thinking of you

Old 09-05-2004, 05:27 PM   #10

kltj HB User

Nearly 9 years ago I lost my Mom to C.O.P.D. I was only 31. Not a day goes by that I don't miss her. But I've learned to manage the pain.

As you get through this difficult time remember to take time to take care of yourself. Your Mom would only want that for you.

Stress can be so hard on the thryroid. Breath deep and try to relax.

Good luck.

KJ

Old 09-05-2004, 05:49 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

jinglebts HB Userjinglebts HB User
Unhappy Re: My Mom is gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by puton10
Some of you wrote to me when I was feeling really down and worried about my throid, and about my Mom. She passed away last Friday, and we just got back from her funeral. It was very difficult....and sad. I just wanted to say thank you to all that said prayers and sent good thoughts my way. It was all very much appreciated.

I am on Armour Thryoid, and I already feel a difference in my weight a little bit. I don't feel as bloated, but with everything I have been through it is hard to say. I am going to try to diet again and see what happens. I don't know yet if my levels are correct. I have to wait a few more weeks to get blood work done.

I will keep in touch. Again, thank you.
i too know what it's like when you lose your mother, and would suggest that you take care of yourself, get lots of sleep, and maybe go for another couple of thyroid tests -- stress causes all kinds of symptoms, and can certainly affect your thyroid ...

warm wishes ...
jb

Old 09-05-2004, 05:49 PM   #12

bubblebug64 HB User

{{{{{hugs}}}}} You are in my thoughts. Take care of yourself.
BB

Old 09-05-2004, 08:53 PM   #13
Inactive

puton10 HB User

Thank you all so much. It is unbelievable how vurtual strangers can have so much sympathy and compassion. It really renews my faith in the goodness of people. And it really helps to feel the support from all of you. I miss my mother more than I can say, and it hurts so much to even think about her not being here any more. She was only 61 and battled breast cancer. She faught until the very end, she didn't want to leave this life and her children and grandchildren and everyone who loved her. She was a beautiful woman who deserved a much longer life. I'm sorry that I am going on and on ......I feel the need to write about her. I think I will start a journal to get all of my feelings out.
I realize that I have to take care of myself, not just for me, but for my husband and four children. (ages 5,3,2 and 6 months.) (husband age 34) I will keep in touch. Thank you again and God bless all of you.
Rosemarie

Old 09-06-2004, 04:21 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User

Please dont apologise you are not going on and on lm glad you have somewhere where you can express your feelings it happens to us all one day.... its obvious your mother loved you all a great deal and she will always be with you those who die dont go away they live forever in our thoughts along our way. Take care hun xx

Old 09-06-2004, 01:07 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

dlkk HB User

puton-I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your mom. Take care.

Closed Thread