It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2004, 11:33 PM   #1

melanie1977 HB User
Question thyroid pain 7 mos after partial ********ctomy

im new to this site.it makes me feel like im not alone. i started with cysts in my right thyroid it was like a big lump on the front of my throat. it only hurt when i was upset or anxious. it felt "tight". at first the doc gave me high doses of synthroid hoping the cysts would shrink. all that happened was palpitations and huge clumps of hair fell out!i had the right removed in jan 04 because the doc said it was the only way to be sure it wasnt cancer. (it wasnt). I still have cysts in the left but not noticable at all. since surgery ive been fine. it doest hurt when i get upset. im glad to know i dont have cancer. im on armour. my hair stopped falling out. in the past week ive noticed the left is really tender and painful to touch. it feels kinda swollen too. its not my throat, its definetly my thyroid. im so worried that now ill have to have surgery again. i dont know what this is. it didnt hurt like this before...anyone have a clue?

Old 09-08-2004, 08:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: thyroid pain 7 mos after partial ********ctomy

I'm not sure. Could be that your hormone levels aren't high enough and what's left of your gland is working overtime to make up the shortage. Have you had your free T4/T3 tested since you've been on meds? Post the results and lab ranges for us to see.

Otherwise ~ bumping this up so someone who knows more than I can help Melanie.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread