It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2004, 10:12 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User
Might be getting closer to getting t4!!

I got bloodtests yesterday. TSH and FT4. Nurse called me to ask if I am taking PTU or Synthroid. I said I am not taking anything right now. Went off PTU Aug.12. She asked" Why did you quit taking the PTU". I said I wanted to see if I could get euthyroid. She said I am still hypo. No duh!! I knew that two months ago. Go figure!!!

I did not get irate. Found out you can get much more results by playing it cool. So I will wait and see if they will call me in some medicine.

Then I won't have to take laxatives everyday. I will probably get addicted to themHa!Ha!

Just had to vent
Betty

Old 09-09-2004, 10:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

AprilPow HB User
Re: Might be getting closer to getting t4!!

Hopefully you'll get what you want.

Sometimes you just have to be stubborn to get some sort of action from these docs!

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2004, 10:23 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User

Yahoo to what you said. I did not say I wanted Synthroid this time. Because the last time I did that nothing was done. I mean nothing. Of course I was being a little hateful. That did not help me any.

It says on my medical chart when I quit taking the ptu and that I am hypo.
Come on doc don't be stubborn.

How are you feeling these days?

Old 09-09-2004, 10:56 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

AprilPow HB User

I feel ok. Have a nasty cold! Stuffy nose, when I swallow I hear clicking...sore throat.
The biggest thing that bothers me is loss of strength! I play v-ball on Thursdays and a while back I noticed my serves could barely make it over the net and now there are times when I can't even make it over! At the beginning I had NO problems with that! Very frustrating. It's getting harder to lift my 6 mo old also. I am usually pretty "tough". I have 2 older bros and could always keep up, but now I am just so weak. I am looking forward to no sweating and being able to lift- again!

I started tapazole today. Getting the surgery done. Then I can deal with being hypo.

Keep me posted on the "standoff".

April

Old 09-09-2004, 11:03 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

I have a sinus infection from the flu. My 12 year old daughter has the flu and has been home from school a few days. The junk is going around already.

She throws up sometimes and doesn't quite make it to the bathroom. That makes me want to puke!!!!

It is an awful feeling to be weak and can't do what you use to. But then you have to look on the bright side. I will get better!!! Just takes time.

Hang in there

Old 09-09-2004, 12:21 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User

(((((((((((((((((((((((( Lady)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Old 09-09-2004, 02:36 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

I knew I had my hopes up too high. The doctor just wants to keep monitoring my thyroid. Gosh I really feel like crying right now. This is just so unbelievable.

Oh well that's alright because I have another appointment with another MD on September 22. Maybe I can get something done about it then.

If I am hypo now, I will surely be hypo next week and the week after that etc.

Just had to vent again!!!

Old 09-10-2004, 01:04 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

I just needed to vent again. I called the clinic where I am going on the 22nd and I told them that my doctor is being negligent about treating me.

She said that they will definitely be able to give me some medicine for my
hypothyroidism. I told her that I didn't want to drive 40 miles for nothing to the appointment.

I would love to get in this coming week. Things are looking up! Yay!Yay!

Closed Thread