It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2004, 01:17 PM   #1

dom peri HB User
i think i have a problem, help ?

ive been suffering from panic attacks for a year now and my body is always hot and sweaty and my bowel movements always change.

also, this is the weird part and is why im asking you guys, if i press against my throat i can move some kind of gland around (only on my right side), it seems to change sizes too sometimes.. and this is freaking me out.

ive had a blood test about a year ago and the doc said nothing was too far from normal so i dont know if i should go see him again or what. whats the best plan of action since school is starting and i need to control my panic attacks or i will just skip all my classes...

thanks

Old 09-09-2004, 01:59 PM   #2
(female)

Lore HB User
Re: i think i have a problem, help ?

When you reffer to panic attacks what exactly do you mean. Do you feel you heart raising and that makes you feel scared or what? I still, once in awhile have those so called panic attacks do to heart beating faster (blood pressure going up) and sometimes choking in my sleep and wake up to and panic. All this is due to Graves Disease.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2004, 03:33 PM   #3

dom peri HB User

ya if im in an uncomfortable situation, school or whatever ,my heart will race, i will heat up and sweat alot, get dizzy... can anyone help me with my situation ?

Old 09-09-2004, 04:42 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gopherhead HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom peri
ive had a blood test about a year ago and the doc said nothing was too far from normal so i dont know if i should go see him again or what.
Definitely go and see him again - get him to do the right tests and find out what your last test was (probably TSH), post the number here along with the range from the lab and you'll get some good advice. It sounds like you have symptoms that could be thyroid related, but the clincher for me, was the comment about how things were not "too far from normal"; the range used for TSH is much too wide, anywhere from .3 - 5.5 when most people with normal thyroid function have a TSH closer to 1.

Ask your doctor for your Free T4 and T3 levels and if you have antibodies; this will help to determine if you're dealing with an autoimmune type of thyroid disease.

Nat

Old 09-10-2004, 07:09 AM   #5
(female)

Lore HB User

I suggest you get yourself checked sound like the symptoms I have but I already know I have Graves, stress sometimes makes them even worse. Hope everything goes well, good luck!

Old 09-10-2004, 07:56 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User

I suggest ANYONE who thinks they have a thyroid problem dont be a fool like me l posted on this board years ago saying l think l have a thyroid problem......... l never went to see the doc till approx 3 month ago! And YES I DID!! GRAVES! AND (sorry for been loud just cant stress the fact enough) so lve suffered for years and more than likely lm in a sorrier state than l would l of been if l had pestered/persisted all them years ago!!GO !!!............ mine was checked 3 year ago (unknown to me until 3months ago) and it 'looked' normal he said......... hmmmmm yea l had all the symptoms too panic etc etc DONT let it get worse you know your body more than your doc will ever know it!!! Good luck!

Closed Thread