It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2004, 11:01 AM   #1
(female)

raleigh86 HB User
Does anyone feel better...

I am gratefull for all I am reading on this board, but would like to know if anyone is feeling A WHOLE LOT BETTER since diagnosed with thyroid disorders, now that they are on meds or some kind of treatment.

Old 09-12-2004, 11:24 AM   #2

bubblebug64 HB User
Re: Does anyone feel better...

Raleigh,
Scary isn't it? I was very grateful for finding this board. Knowing that there were people out there with the same symptoms and problems. But it scared the heck out of me too... since everyone seemed to be having difficulties... set backs...etc. Until some very wise memeber (forgive me for not remembering who) reminded me that those Thyroid patients who have been treated without difficulties (and there may be many) would probably not have a need to search out a site like this... or to post. It is only those of us searching for answers who look to the board for support. And thank goodness it is here.
Here's to finding answers... more good days than bad.... and a time when we don't Need the board so much... except to continue the friendships established.

bubblebug (Diana)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2004, 11:35 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gopherhead HB User

I can tell you that just finding a doctor who believed me has made a difference. The day after I had my appointment I felt better; better than I had in months. I take this as a drop in stress levels. I am now on a very low dose of eltroxin and even this has helped with the daily headaches I experienced for weeks.

As Diana said, most who have been treated and are doing well are off living their daily lives - but you'll find there are quite a few who are still around though

Nat

Old 09-12-2004, 11:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

Here's the answer I recently wrote to someone asking the very same question~~~

"Yes, I feel better. Have been in successful treatment going on 1 year... after being unsuccessfully treated for about 6 months.
I have no more brain fog, I have as much energy as my "before-hypo self" did [Not more, just the same.], my blood pressure is normal, my eyebrows have grown back, and I'm not as short-winded. My eyes don't burn and blur the way they used to.
I still have muscle aches, but it's quite possible they aren't related to the hypo; I'm searching out other causes and cures for them.
I haven't had my cholesterol checked since I've been in treatment, but I'm hoping it has come down. I haven't lost weight, but I hadn't really gained much while hypo... so no win, no loss.

In short, if symptoms are caused by hypo, treating the hypo will eliminate them. BUT... we must always remember that not every symptom can be blamed on the hypo, and treating the hypo won't eliminate those that aren't caused by it."

Old 09-12-2004, 11:45 AM   #5
(female)

suem HB User

Diana, I was stable for 12 years or so and felt best when my TSH was
14 to 16. Yes I got a little tired but never experienced what I have been through the last 2 months. All I know is that when a company changed
the inactive ingredients in their product I did not handle it well and started
searching for answers and support.I never knew about this board or I would
of gave people support. The support helps. Also having some hope that I
may once again may feel a little normal.I do have to keep telling myself that.
Take Care and I care suem

Closed Thread