It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2004, 06:53 PM   #1
(female)

raleigh86 HB User
I met with my endo today

I posted last week after multiple nodules were found during ultrasound. I've been ailing for 6 months. My primary doctor has been doing everything possible to find the reason, but my normal blood panel in April threw her off. I've had dizziness, tingling in hands, feet and face, swollen joints, pressure on right side of head affecting my ear and right eye, and other thyroid symptoms, which also can be symptoms of many other things. My endo wants me to have radiologist do biopsy, since one nodule would be difficult to do in the drs. office. She did test me for Hashimoto, but said if that was neg. that my symptoms of 6 months, might not be from thyroid, in spite of the nodules. This will drive me crazy. If my test is normal, what kind of comeback do I have for my endo dr. to continue pursuing this? Assuming the biopsy is neg. she will give me meds to help shrink nodules. Will this do anything for other thyroid symptoms? I do not know the lingo as I have never had abnormal blood work to know my numbers. Since I have had so many other tests to rule out other ailments, I feel the thyroid path is where I should direct my energy, especially with the finding of the nodules. Any suggestions? I realize I am premature, since I don't have my blood work results yet, and am only basing this on my April blood results.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2004, 05:13 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

miper HB User
Re: I met with my endo today

The "meds" your Doc is talking about giving you to shrink your nodules is probably thyroid hormones and yes, it should help. Please keep us posted on your lab results. We can definitely give you a little more insight when we can see those.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2004, 06:12 AM   #3

Mountainlady HB User

I had my thyroid removed 2 years ago because I had a goiter with multiple nodules. Every blood test that I had was normal, but I certainly wasn't. I had many of your same issues. After the thyroid was removed, and when the right dose of hormones was found, I have felt great for a long time. I think I would try the Synthroid to try to shrink the nodules and see how you feel.

Last edited by Mountainlady; 09-14-2004 at 06:13 AM.

Old 09-14-2004, 08:41 AM   #4
(female)

raleigh86 HB User

Dear Mountainlady,

Your post was the most encouraging one I've seen. Thank you. Since I am new to this thyroid thing and don't have my #'s yet, why did they remove your thyroid if it was not cancer?

Closed Thread