It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2004, 11:54 AM   #1
(male)

vs1988 HB User
Muscle/joint pain in cold?

Hey everyone

I'm still not sure if I have a thyroid problem or not since I was turned down at the D.O. last week. I have also been looking around in the Lupus boards, since I have some symptoms that are not really related to thyroid.

Does anyone have bad sensitivity to cold? Today, the temperature dropped to between the 50s and low 60s, and I was wearing shorts and a t shirt. At school, it was pretty cold in the halls, since our building is under construction and there is not yet proper insulation in certain hallways/areas.

Because of the coldness, I was shivering, and my muscles in my arms and shoulders, as well as my elbow joints and back, were painful. Also, I just had a general "not well" feeling throughout the day. When I got home and warmed up, the muscle/joint pain started to subside. Anyone get this?

Vince

Old 09-15-2004, 04:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User
Re: Muscle/joint pain in cold?

When I was very hypothyroid, I was cold all the time. Everyone else was warm but my teeth were chattering

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2004, 05:33 PM   #3
Inactive

Yommy HB User
Re: Muscle/joint pain in cold?

Hi Vince!

It sounds like it could be brought on by any number of ailments. The two most common causes that come to mind are thyroid related and Fibromyalgia. What you described is a very common symptom of Fibro. I don't know a whole lot about it myself. My Mom has Fibro (along with a novel of other ailments), and she's been concerned for years that I do as well. Unfortunately, doctor's don't like to investigate this at all. I've talked with probably 5 different docs about the possibility and not one of them has so much as asked me the symptoms I'm having that I think could be Fibromyalgia induced. You might ought to try posting your question on the Fibro board and see what you come up with. If anything just ask others with Fibro what other symptoms they experience and see if this could be what's troubling you. Good Luck, and I hope you find some answers soon!

Closed Thread