It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2004, 03:50 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User
To Patience 50

Thought I would start a new thread since I was starting to get lost in the first one

My goodness if they took that much blood from me I would pass out for sure.
I had graves, took PTu, did the RAI, went back on PTU and beta blockers.Maybe since 2002 taking all that PTU got rid of the graves antibodies. Hopefully.

I had an Anti Nuclear Antibodies test done last month because I was having all kinds of muscle pains and my FNP thought it might be lupus. Come to find out it was the darn Lipitor. When I quit taking it, the pains disappeared.

I don't understand the ANA but it says that it is EQUIVOCAL. It says that equivocal and postitive results may be further investigated using ENA Screen and double standard DNA.

The FNP said something about it but I couldn't remember what she was saying. I must have been having brain fog at the time.

The results are 0.93H Ref. range is (<=0.89)

It says IMMUNOLOGY at the top. No further testing was done even though it says PENDING TESTS.

I can't make sense out of it. All I know is it is a little high. Since you are very intelligent and seem to be well educated, I thought maybe you might figure it out. If you can't that is fine too.

Well I hope you don't get any floods up there in the PA. Do you live near a
stream?

Old 09-17-2004, 04:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User
Re: To Patience 50

Hi!! I knew you wouldn't see this new post. It sort of scooted on down the page very fast today.

Well I bet you are getting soaked by now. I saw on the news that there are flood watches all the way up to the Carolinas'.

Boy I feel wiped out today. I saw an FNP and she was very nice but she doesn't know about thyroids too much. I showed her my lasts bloodtests and she said my ft4 is right in the middle but it's not. I told her I don't have much energy and my hair is falling out. Just like talking to the wall.

It has come up since I quit taking the antithyroid medicine so maybe it will come up some more. Told her about my heart flutters and skipping beats. She gave me an EKG and it was okay.

I go back in two weeks for bloodtests. That is better than six weeks that my old MD wanted me back.

Betty

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2004, 06:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

patience 50 HB User

Hi Betty,

I don't know where U got the idea that I am very intelligent. I view myself as just plain and average. I work at it though and this stuff is sometimes hard to understand. The Lupus especially seems to interact with other things and they all have the same symptoms.

I think you will probably continue to experience the heart flutters until your medicine is correct for you. I had flutters for the whole 4 years I was undermedicated with the other Dr.s There is still so much I need to research, uncover and understand. Some of the stuff I have to read 2 or 3 times and still give it much thought.

Lately I am not doing much research because I have a craft show locally next weekend and I am working on angels. I am spending very little time on the computer and most of that is on the boards seeing what I can see here.

We got quite a bit of water. We sit between 2 bodies of running water, the Susquahanna River and the Quitibihilla Creek ( think I spelled that wrong). Everything is flooded beyond belief but we didn't get it nearly as bad as many so we are counting our blessing while we dry out. Harrisburg is basically closed, all bridges and many roads are still flooded. Hershey, Lebanon, Palmyra, Annville, and many, many more towns are keeping things closed through Tuesday. Kids are happy, no school for two days. I heard they even were advising people to stay home from the Penn State football game, Oh my. That is quite a bit north of our immediate area though.

Rivers and streams finally crested this morning so they should begin to recede now. And the good news is there is not a drop of rain in the forcast for the next 8 or 9 days.

I didn't look in the thyroid boards for a day and a half so I did miss you post. Sorry. I get so caught up in them sometimes that I don't get much else done so some days I just skip them if I have a lot to do. I subscribe to e-mail notification for some, like the one we had been on, so when there is a response I know and can go see but I don't always go to the general board forum.

Take care of yourself and rest when you feel you must. There is no help for the fatigue unless the Dr.s can medicate you. At least the joint pains are easing up. My neighbors did too when they discontinued her Lipitor. She was happy but she too still feels tired much and has many aches and pains all over. Dr.s keep telling her there is nothing wrong too. I do so wish they would listen to their patients instead of looking at lab #s

May God Bless and Keep You
Bonnie

Old 09-20-2004, 06:03 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

I am so glad you were able to keep dry and stay out of the floods. Sounds like it is very wet there. We are needing some of that wet stuff here. It is getting dry.

By reading your posts, I can tell you are intelligent

I had a bad night lastnight. My thigh was killing me and my ear was hurting. I got up and took some pain pills and they helped me get about four hours of sleep. I will be taking a nap here shortly. Yeah those old heart flutters are irritating.

I thought maybe you have been very occupied. Well you have fun with your crafts project.

God bless

Old 09-20-2004, 06:31 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

patience 50 HB User

I'm sorry to hear you feel poorly. I have pain in my jaw, ear, and up the right side of my face some every day. It is sharp, sudden and short lived but it happens often during the day. As if I touched an electric charge to the right side of my jaw and it just traveled up through the ear, cheek, and around the forhead. I am told that ear aches and jaw pain like this are common with Lupus but I can't find out why. It is annoying. I try not to let it stop me. I have days though when I just must lie down. Lupus also causes severe fatigue, just like hypo T. No one knows why.

When U consider it I suppose I do pretty well all in all. I will push this week to do the show and next week I will be wasted all week and probably not pick up any energy till the end of the week. I don't know why that is either but what can one do. Sometimes you just have to accept it for what it is and try to work around it.

Hope you feel better soon, May God Bless and Keep You
Bonnie

Closed Thread