It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2004, 06:09 PM   #1

Forgiven77 HB User
Arrow Got my thyroid checked & heres my results.

Well i havent gotten a copy yet all i can say for right now is that my blood test showed a high level of glyceryn(cant spell??), im hoping someone knows what that is and if it means anything. They told me it was fat?? Eventhough i have a high level they dont think that my thyroid is my problem of why im sick. I was kinda hoping it was so i could finally say yes i have this and there would be no more guessing. Please fill me in on what they said was wrong with me and explain what the heak glyceryn is and what you think is going on with my thyroid???
Please educate me-Kira

Old 09-17-2004, 06:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: Got my thyroid checked & heres my results.

Are you talking about "triglycerides"? That's the only thing I can think of they test for that means "fat". It isn't a thyroid test.

Before I go into a big explanation, tell me if you saw our answers to your original questions. I mentioned candidiasis... did you see that?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2004, 10:36 PM   #3

Forgiven77 HB User

Hi midwest, yes i saw your original posts, but i dont know that much about candida?? I know it is a yeast over growth, but nothing more. Why do you think its candida??
-Kira

Old 09-18-2004, 08:30 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

The bowel symptoms, mouth sores, and foamy saliva are what made me think of yeast... but I'm no doctor, and it's just a hunch. (BTW, I edited my other answer to you to remove the link about candidiasis... After re-reading it, I saw that it talks about a quite serious illness and wasn't very relevent to your exact symptoms. Still, yeast is something I'd pursue, if I were you, if other more common disorders are eventually ruled out.)

Will you eventually be able to get a copy of the lab results? Let us know when you do.
Some thyroid tests you should look for - (the names can vary slightly): TSH; T4 or FT4 or TT4 (also called thyroxine or free thyroxine); T3 or FT3; anti-Tg (or just Tg) antibodies; anti-TPO (or TPO) antibodies; TSI antibodies. If you don't see any of these on the lab sheet, you haven't had your thyroid tested. You definitely should, though... insist on it if they haven't yet.

Many of your symptoms seem like overactive thyroid; some seem like underactive thyroid; and some don't sound much like thyroid at all. You may have more than one thing going on.... but whatever, you sound like one sick girl, and I hope you get it figured out very soon.
Let us know if we can help more.

Closed Thread