It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2004, 05:28 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User
Question question about sweating

Does anyone break out in sweats when your thyroid levels are rising? I have been doing that here lately. I know it is not hotflashes because I am postmenopause and hadn't had them for a long time.

Could it also be from your bloodpressure being high? My bloodpressure has been up and down here lately. I still get the heartflutters.

Betty

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2004, 06:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

AprilPow HB User
Re: question about sweating

Hello! Yes, I break out in sweats. I'll be standing talking with someone then all of a sudden...I feel it all about to burst out of my skin! I'm taking a small amount of tap, but I still have some symptoms or they are milder. I'm still having sweats I think b/c my levels are still high.

April :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2004, 06:47 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User

Hi Betty l havnt been bothered with sweats lately maybe my meds are working good now (ha) lve got high blood pressure too so the endo says l think its more white coat!!! l think its the thyroid hormones and maybe if the bp is up that could have something to do with it too with working faster sorry l couldnt assist further still green! lol love niecsey hope you feel better soon xxx

Old 09-21-2004, 07:05 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User

Thank you gals. I know when I was hyper I was sweating all the time. I am not under any stress at home. I told my FNP that, come to think of it, and she said it can be from the bloodpressure.DUH!!! I forgot that.

I had graves and sure don't won't to go back in that direction again. I have heard that when you get graves you will always have it even though you take the RAI. That's because of the antibodies. That is just heresay. I would have to explore on that subject.

Thank you
Betty

Old 09-21-2004, 10:19 AM   #5
(female)

suem HB User

Hi Betty,
Yes I have had them and did not like them one bit. You feel like your
burning up. The sweats will stop you from whatever your doing at the time.
How long do yours last? suem

Old 09-21-2004, 10:21 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi I usually get them when I get up in the morning. I get sweaty then it goes away and I get chills. Don't have a fever.

It's gotta be a hormone thing.

Old 09-22-2004, 10:08 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

dlkk HB User

I seem to get sweats when my Thyroid levels are too low and I am not getting enough thyroid hormones. I have just increased my Armour from 30mg to 45mg and the sweats have been less.

Old 09-22-2004, 10:30 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh thank you for your reply. My levels are low from my lasts bloodtests. Well my tsh was okay but my freet4 was a little bit below the middle. I go back at the end of this month to get more bloodtests.

I am not on any meds right now aaarg!! That is because I have had some doctors and FNPs that don't know anything about the labtests. To feel good the free t4 needs to be in the upper range.

I had graves and the meds made me hypo.Guess they are waiting to see how much my levels will go up after weaning off my antithyroid drug. Does that make sense? Not in my book it does'nt. Would have got me an endo but without insurance it is hard to pay the bill.

That is all of my problems for today LOL

Thank you

Old 09-24-2004, 07:40 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

softcrush HB User

The sweats are a weird thing. Come to think of it, I went off the meds for three weeks and felt great. When I started again, I got some very wild sweats. Now that I've been on same dose for three and 1/2 weeks, they seem to have subsided.

~S

Old 09-24-2004, 07:52 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrush
The sweats are a weird thing. Come to think of it, I went off the meds for three weeks and felt great. When I started again, I got some very wild sweats. Now that I've been on same dose for three and 1/2 weeks, they seem to have subsided.

~S
I think the sweats might be because my levels have been rising since I quit taking the PTU for Graves disease. My blood pressure has been a little high. I started doing some stair climbing excercizes to maybe help the blood pressure.

Closed Thread