It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2004, 06:49 PM   #1
(female)

lil'missdiagnosis HB User
Just when I thought I had heard them all!

My new endo last week told me that I was Hyperthyroid. He said my T3 was very high and my TSH high as well (.3 I think). Anyway he calls me today and says "There are some patients that doctors just can't help, I don't know what to tell you or what to do for you. Some people just feel sick all their lives with no answer, you are one of them.". I was blown away, mad, upset and am now extremely depressed. What in the world is he saying to me? I have all of these horrible symptoms and feel like my body is just breaking down. Are there any doctors that care anymore? Has anyone experienced a doctor like this? What do I do now?

Thanks for any response,

lil'miss

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2004, 06:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB User
Re: Just when I thought I had heard them all!

WHAT??? he tells you that you are hyper then tells you that your a hopeless case and he can't help you? What kind of turnip truck did he fall off of? There is treatment for hyper. Your TSH is .3? that would be low, not high and a high FT3, yes you are hyper. He must not know enough to treat you so he says you are untreatable.
Find another dr. maybe an endo is not the route to take, try a DO.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2004, 07:30 PM   #3

JenniferLH HB User
Smile Re: Just when I thought I had heard them all!

I have been where you are with doctors. The truth that I have learned the hard way is that you need to take direct control of your situation and research and read all you can about your condition. I can tell you that there are doctors out there that do care and I have finally found one for my situation. You may need to look in non traditional forms. I have finally found relief through holistic treatments. So far I have found 3 doctors in my area that are all traditional trained in conventional western medicine, but there stories are all the same. They were try to help people like us with traditional treatment and had failure after failure. Then when the problems hit closer to home (themselves or other family members)they sought out alternative therapies and guess what they worked. I would recommend that you start nosing around your area to find some like this. Try a web search for holistic MD's in your area. If you are from the greater Detoit area I can give you referals to 3! Good Luck!

Old 09-24-2004, 07:06 PM   #4
(female)

lil'missdiagnosis HB User

Thank you both for your replies. I forgot to tell you one more thing he said to me due to the state I was in after our conversation. He also went on to tell me that my symptoms; hot all the time, sweating, fast heart rate, palpitations, eye pain, feeling of something in throat, skin flushing, increased bowel movements, dry hair, etc......; "were NOT symptoms of a thyroid disorder"!!!!!!!. I can't believe an endo told me this! Has anyone heard that before from an endo?! dea4 what does DO stand for? I'm sorry if I sound silly but I don't know. Thank you guys for your info and advice. I think I should search once again for another doctor. I'm still confused by what he said to me yesterday!

Thank you for listening,

lil'miss

Old 09-26-2004, 08:08 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB User

A DO is a Dr of Osteopathy, they do the same training as a regular MD but then they also go for I believe its an extra year of more extensive training. Regular drs generally have about 1 hour of training on thyroid disorders whereas DO's will have a bit more training and generally tend to know a bit more about it and treat more on symptoms and Frees rather than just TSH.
Endo's mainly treat diabetes and dabble in thyroid, though they know more than a regular MD they tend to swing more to the textbook treatment and not treat the patient by symptoms, although there are some good ones out there and there are some good regular drs as well, weeding them out can be time consuming but well worth it.

Closed Thread