It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2004, 05:38 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

AprilPow HB User
A lump

First let me say that I feel like a hypochondriac. I know the thyroid can mess up so many things in your body that I constantly wonder... is this thyroid related? I know a lot of people on here are very informative so I thought I would ask you guys! Hope you don't mind!

Ok, I will try to explain this clearly...

When I was showering I noticed a little lump on the back of my neck. To the left of my spine, about an inch or so below wherre the corner of my hairline is.
It doesn't hurt. It doesn't protrude from my skin, it's underneath. I only feel when I rub my finger over it. It's about the size of a marble. I don't feel the whole "marble" size, just the roundness of it.

Is that a lymph node or gland or something?

April

Old 09-24-2004, 07:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB User
Re: A lump

It could be, how far left of your spine is it?

If it is a node, don't mess with it too much, the more you feel it the larger it will get.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2004, 09:04 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

AprilPow HB User

Its about 1 1/2 to 2 inches from my spine. I dont feel anything on the other side.

I have terrible back pain too. It's really achey, if I bend over I start to hold my breath b/c it hurts. Its a dull pain about mid back, across the whole area, kinda where my ribs end in the back. I think that might be from tennis though. It started wed night, went away mid day yesterday and came back as I was in bed, which makes me think I pulled something!

I feel like I am falling apart!!

Old 09-24-2004, 11:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilPow
I feel like I am falling apart!!
I know what you mean, I've told my husband that many times.

It does sound like it may be a node. I checked into nodes a while back and found a diagram on them, I was looking because I had one swollen low in the back of my neck. Anyway, keep a watch on it but try not to touch it too much as it does make it bigger. Watch if it gets bigger or if the area around it turns red. It may go down in a few days, if not have your dr check it out.

Old 09-24-2004, 12:29 PM   #5
(female)

steph2000 HB User

I feel so much better after reading all these posts. I actually have the exact same thing on the left side. I thought it may be a cyst or swollen gland too, so I had my family dr. check it out and he said that it was nothing to worry about (famous words). It hasn't grown/changed any, so maybe he's right.

Anyway, I'm glad once again, that I'm not alone in all of my ailments!

Old 09-24-2004, 01:16 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User

Could it just be muscle knot? Especially if your other back muscles are sore. Stress is known for causing tense neck muscles.

Old 09-24-2004, 02:21 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

AprilPow HB User

It's possible. For a few weeks I've been getting terrible sharp pains on that side of my neck, so it could very well be a knot!

April

Closed Thread