It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2004, 01:03 PM   #1

banjomama HB User
Cool Anyone taking supplements to help hypo?

Hi everyone,

I've always been big on taking multivitamins and making sure I'm taking different things to stay healthy, but now my focus is even sharper, now that I know I'm hypo.

I take a Stress formula of B & C vitamins, a multivitamin, CoEnzyme Q10, and extra folic acid, flax seed oil. I was ok'd by my doctor (disclaimer - talk to your doctor...please don't take what I say I'm taking as any kind of suggestion).

I'm wondering if anyone here is taking any special supplements or heard of any kind of supplementation that should help either 'encourage' our thyroids or at leat help with the symptoms?

Old 09-26-2004, 01:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gopherhead HB User
Re: Anyone taking supplements to help hypo?

HI Marie. I'm like you, been taking a supplement concoction to help with my health for years and I firmly believe it has made a difference. Since dealing with the HypoT I've added two things, Maca Maca for energy and selenium to help my thyroid. The selenium is supposed to really do a good job helping support thyroid function. There is a good deal of information in the Info. Archive on which supplements help and which foods you should avoid (turns out I was almost living off 3 of them you need to avoid, just eliminating these helped right off the bat).

Many Hypos also take a cal/mag supplement as it helps with the muscle pain and aches. This is something I swear by, I've been taking this for years and it made a big difference almost immediately (especially the Magnesium).

Nat

Last edited by Gopherhead; 09-26-2004 at 01:16 PM. Reason: tpyos ;)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2004, 06:32 PM   #3
Inactive

naanee HB User
Re: Anyone taking supplements to help hypo?

Hi banjomama,

i am like you. i am not taking any multivitamins but i do take other supplements to help my health.

1. Cal-mag/Citrate
2. B-Complex 100
3. Flex Seeds
4. Selenium 200mg

Closed Thread