It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2004, 07:19 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

softcrush HB User
Talking Hyper-hypo question.

Hi There All:

I have a little question perhaps others have run into, and can benefit from an answer. Meep, you've been very quick to notice this phenomenon. I think perhaps one other person mentioned this before too. I'm referring to the "hyper heart and hypo body".

One of my books here addresses this as a "masquerading" effect due to the heart's sensitivity to T3.

I had once believed (incorrectly) that I could tell I was hyper by my pulse. If it was racing at over 100 bpm when I was resting...I had to be hyper. I was wrong. Now I know...I can be very hypo...and still have a racing heart.

That's where I am now, and I accept that.

My question is, I'm currently taking 106 mcg. My heart is still racing quite a bit while my bed shakes. I'm wondering if , I can expect this racing heart thing to slow down as my body adjusts to the T4.

I'm also wondering how LOW I should wait for it to drop before adding in a T3 protocol? I don't want my heart to spazz out more than it already is, but I'm very anxious to get going. (I'm thinking only 7.5 milligrams time-released porcine extract)

My doc wants me to take 150 mcg of T4 to suppress the 2.28 TSH. (Cancer)

By the end of the month...I will be on 106mcg for two whole months. I'm slowly climbing out of a very hypo state.

I should think my TSH is getting close to stable by now. Am I wrong?

Hope I'm not sounding too weird about this!

Thanks for your attention and thoughtfullness.

~S

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2004, 07:28 PM   #2

soccerspeed HB User
Re: Hyper-hypo question.

hey there, i don't have an answer so much as a question:

what other "masquerading" effects does t3 have? i mean, how do you know whether you're no longer hypo, versus being hypo with masqueraded symptoms?

thanks

Closed Thread