It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2004, 01:54 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lucky charms HB User
Talking lab reports and cortisol levels

no wonder i feel like pooh.....
tsh 13.06 range .34 - 4.82
free t4 0.60 0.5 - 1.5
free t3 2.79 1.8 - 4.2

note i was taking half of 30 mg nature throid and a little less half of 25mcg of levathroid b/c i wasnt sure as to what to do b/c of my anxiety was hitting me full forse...
now my dr said up one..well which one? any advise how i should take my meds.im a total loss here...should i take the full 30 mg of nature throid and 25mcg of the levothroid?that would make it 75 mcg right?

im not for sure how to read this but here is my cortisol levels
it doest have the time so i dont know which is which
15.5 range am 5-25, pm 2.5 12.5
14.7 range am 5-25 pm 12.5

ok does it look like im suffering form adrenaline fatigue as well?

Old 11-24-2004, 05:18 AM   #2
Inactive

hypodude HB User
Re: lab reports and cortisol levels

That Cortisol is a little high but fairly normal, particularly if you were nervous about drawing blood. Do you remember what time your blood was drawn? Morning or afternoon? It shows you are certainly stressed out.

As for the meds, you can certainly use a bump in your meds, but check with your doc. The Naturethroid would give you the T3 and T4 (if I recall correctly) which should bump both your numbers higher (T3 and T4) but on the other hand, if your body is working correctly and you increase your dose of the T4 (Levo) then it should convert to T3 and bump that number up on its own as well as bring your TSH lower. As for dosage, you gotta ask your doc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2004, 07:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

lucky charms HB User

" hypodude" Do you remember what time your blood was drawn? Morning or afternoon? It shows you are certainly stressed out.

i went in around 9 in the morning and back at 3:30 in the afternoon, but yes i was nervous when i went in for the blood work ..i had a bloody panic attack and had to take a xanax...

Old 11-24-2004, 07:57 AM   #4
Inactive

hypodude HB User

...that explains the high Cortisol. Mine was 19.2 taken last week in the morning and doc said I was stressed out but could be adrenal fatigue...he wasn't too concerned though. I too was totally worked up about donating blood. I hate that.

Old 11-24-2004, 09:06 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

lucky charms HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypodude
...that explains the high Cortisol. Mine was 19.2 taken last week in the morning and doc said I was stressed out but could be adrenal fatigue...he wasn't too concerned though. I too was totally worked up about donating blood. I hate that.
yeah same here..i hate having blood work done..
but do you think if it were to be adrenal fatigue the level would be much lower instead of higher?

Old 11-24-2004, 10:47 AM   #6
Inactive

hypodude HB User

No, I don't think so....Meep might know better....As far as I know and what I've been told by my doc regarding my own Cortisol levels was that Cortisol rises in response to Adrenaline. Adrenaline is the fire and Cortisol is the Fire Extinguisher so to speak. When you totally stress out, your adrenals do get fatigued from pumping out so much adrenaline but I believe the problems arise from those high cortisol levels all the time.

My doc told me specifically, that cortisol is made by using some fixed components in the body....when that number is always high, your body is being robbed of ingredients it needs for other purposes, like in my case, its testosterone. My doc said my test was extremely low because my high cortisol is burning up all the needed ingredients to make testosterone. I guess they use the same stuff to make the 2 hormones. I think it is that reason that you feel fried and dumpy with adrenal fatigue....due to the other things that are not being nourished properly but I may be wrong on my assumption. The doctor did tell me my testosterone was being robbed (in essence) by my cortisol levels though.

Last edited by hypodude; 11-24-2004 at 10:49 AM.

Closed Thread