It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2004, 01:03 PM   #1

soccerspeed HB User
difficult to lose weight even when euthyroid?

for those of you who have finally acheived clinically normal levels of thyroid hormones:

have you found it to still be difficult to lose weight as compared to your non-hypo friends?

if so, why is this? is there a medical reason for it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2004, 02:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Meep HB UserMeep HB UserMeep HB User
Re: difficult to lose weight even when euthyroid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerspeed
for those of you who have finally acheived clinically normal levels of thyroid hormones:

have you found it to still be difficult to lose weight as compared to your non-hypo friends?

if so, why is this? is there a medical reason for it?
"Clinically normal" and "euthyroid" are dirty words that make you fit a cookie-cutter approach to treating thyroid problems that simply does not work for everyone. "Normal" does not equal optimal, and you may still very well have symptoms, including difficulty in losing weight, among others.

I am not a doctor, nor have I ever played one on TV...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2004, 02:53 PM   #3
(female)

BonBe HB User
Re: difficult to lose weight even when euthyroid?

Oh tell me about it. I have been within 'normal limits' since I began treatment, no great differences, but obv those normals are not normal for me (maybe a mouse) hahha But I have not been able to lose weight much at all, unless ill.....

I do not overeat, I try to eat well, through the help here, I am learning day by day. I even attempt to excercise moderately. But am unable to perform due to various surgeries I have had to have on my heels (achilles tendon, and abnormal growth of spurs which jut out the back of my heels) heck I was in a cast two years ago for 3 months and not a walking cast. Try to do some sort of 'work out' whislt in bed.....but the thyroid keeps being the way it is.

one year has nodules next year all gone, and so on and so on.

Bon

Closed Thread