It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2004, 06:01 AM   #1
(female)

avuntika HB User
cortisol question for hypodude and anyone who can help ..

hello,

i am hypothyroid since the past 3-4 years and take eltroxine for it.
my ranges seem fine with the present dosage.

T3 110 range (70-200)
T4 11 range (5-13)
TSH 1.7 range (not sure)

the problem however was my serum cortisol test.
8 am
298 range (110-210 ng/ml)

my endo had me do a dexona suppression test after which it was:
8 am

this was about 2 years ago, but i never could figure out why my
cortisol should be on the higher side. does it just mean that im stressed?
(which i really am most of the time.)

i am anemic with my haemoglobin usually in the 9-10 range.
also my prolactin is high and comes within range when i take bromocriptine -
which i do regularly.
i also am very prone to migraines and possibly suffer from a sleep disorder
- my sleep is erratic and i sometimes get hypnopompic/hypnogogic
hallucinations.

any information will be appreciated.

thnx all!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2004, 12:18 PM   #2
Inactive

hypodude HB User
Re: cortisol question for hypodude and anyone who can help ..

You did not mention any symptoms if any other than being stressed. Are you feeling panicky, mellow, rapid heart rate, slow heart rate....anything?

That cortisol level is high. Are you female or male? On birth control? Have you had testosterone measured if male (or female)? If female, are your periods pretty regular?

From what I understand sleep is like the "reset button" for Cortisol. Bad sleep can interfere with cortisol. I would need more information about symptoms, oddities, physical, meds and then maybe Meep can help...he's pretty good with cortisol. Im not that versed on the subject but know of a few things to look for depending on symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2004, 06:40 AM   #3
(female)

avuntika HB User
Re: cortisol question for hypodude and anyone who can help ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypodude
You did not mention any symptoms if any other than being stressed. Are you feeling panicky, mellow, rapid heart rate, slow heart rate....anything?

That cortisol level is high. Are you female or male? On birth control? Have you had testosterone measured if male (or female)? If female, are your periods pretty regular?

From what I understand sleep is like the "reset button" for Cortisol. Bad sleep can interfere with cortisol. I would need more information about symptoms, oddities, physical, meds and then maybe Meep can help...he's pretty good with cortisol. Im not that versed on the subject but know of a few things to look for depending on symptoms.
hi,
well my heart rate is normal when im resting and gets faster when i do any sort of activity. i'm a female, not on birth control, my periods are kind of regular when i am on bromocriptine, not otherwise. i did hv my testosterone checked long back and it was normal.

i take very long to fall asleep no matter how tired i am, and once im asleep i sleep for 12 hrs at a stretch. i cn also nap in the afternoons. also my timings are odd, i sleep at around 2 am and get up around 2 pm.

-avuntika

Closed Thread