It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2004, 06:29 PM  
Veteran
(female)

SarahF HB User
Ever get dizzy while eating?

Hey Ya'll...
In the last several weeks I am having spells of dizziness/vertigo, but nothing that I think would cause me to faint. In other words, I don't feel anemic. Been there, done that.

I'm thinking it isn't reactive hypoglycemia because it is actually happening during the meal, as opposed to a couple of hours afterwards. And I can't really predict when it is going to happen.

I have been under loads of stress lately the last 4 months, as my mother was very ill and passed away a month ago, and it is really affecting me. I know it has caused my thyroid to wack out on me. and YES I am going to make an appointment with my dr.

I was just wondering if any other HypoT's have experienced this.

Old 11-29-2004, 07:02 AM  
Inactive

hypodude HB User
Re: Ever get dizzy while eating?

I believe it is blood sugar. I went through a horrible boutof that not too long ago when I was at my worst. It seems your sugar gets pretty messed up when you are under a lot of stress as your thyroid malfunctions more. With that, my sugar tends to be off and what's really going on is that your sugar is probably shooting up high and then dropping like a rock. Also, it does not take hours for sugar to react. By the end of a meal you will feel the effects of sugar. Sugar for me peaks about 25 minutes after eating my first bites - I test frequently. When I was under this stress, I was getting very dizzy at meals. I tried everything from quitting gluten to eating just veggies and everything in between....It all went away when my thryoid attack was over and my stress level came down a few notches....at this moment I can eat anything and feel good again....That dizziness definately fluctuates with stress, anxiety and hypo symptoms. Maybe try some xanax or something to help you repair your stress levels....once "fixed" from the stress and weakened adrenals, you'll probably feel much better. I do....until the next round of attacks at least.

Last edited by hypodude; 11-29-2004 at 07:04 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2004, 05:22 PM  
Veteran
(female)

SarahF HB User

Thanks for the response. Gotta get to the doctor, I guess.

Old 11-30-2004, 03:24 PM  
(female)

AmberCFo HB User

Sarah F.,
I can just about guarantee that you are HYPER-thyroid. I just got diagnosed a few weeks ago and dizzyness after eating was my first symptom. Blood sugar was my first thought but when it tested normal I was dumbfounded. By the time they figured out what it was, I had all kinds of terrible symptoms, most notably frequent heart palpitations. It is very common for this condition to develop after pregnancy (me) OR periods of extreme stress (you). A TSH test should give conclusive results.

Old 12-01-2004, 06:32 PM  
Veteran
(female)

SarahF HB User

Actually, I'm going to disagree with you on that.
I am classic hypothyroid and been diagnosed over a year. Right now I am freezing, dry skin, tired all the time, superb brain fog.

And because my TSH is suppressed because of my medication, my doctor keeps it near zero. He will check my T3 and T4 to see where they are in range.

Thanks for you input, though. I do appreciate you caring enough to comment.