It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2004, 07:33 AM   #1
(female)

jdn5764 HB User
test results

I have managed to get my test results with ranges, I don't know if they were all for thyroid but I'll put them in see what you guys think and if my thyroid is okay as they all say.

TSH 2.68 (was 2.51 in July) reange 0.27 to 4.2

Angiotensin convertase 26 range 20 to 90

anca iif negative

anti nuclear antibody 0.3 range 0 0.9

erythrocyte sedimentation 25 range 1 to 15 (dr's aren't bothered)

any ideas?

Old 11-29-2004, 08:40 AM   #2
Inactive

hypodude HB User
Re: test results

Your TSH is still a little high, even though its in the normal range...could just be a normal fluctuation. Your ANA (Antinuclear AB) is negative, which is good - that is one of the main tests for the disease Lupus.

You will either need to get additional tests done if you think you have a thyroid problem or post the results of those tests here along with their reference ranges if you had them done already.

What you have here cannot diagnose a Thyroid problem properly. You need the Free T3 and Free T4 tests at a minimum, but preferably the TOTAL T3, Thyroxine (TOTAL T4) and Thyroglobulin Antibodies and Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies tests in addition to the tests above for a complete workup.

What are your symptoms? Are you on meds?

Last edited by hypodude; 11-29-2004 at 08:41 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2004, 01:08 AM   #3
(female)

jdn5764 HB User
Re: test results

Hi thanks for reply,
No not on any meds.
The Dr told me that the would do a complete Thyroid profile, but these are the only results that came back. He won't send me for anymore testing.

Symptoms that I have had over the years are.. (some come and go).

I seem to get tired very easy at the slightest thing. Something I have gotten used to as I have had a flu type virus this week, and I only feel a little more body achey than normal and have a runny nose, you can say I feel normal even with a flu virus LOL.

Tinitus in ears and ear fullness, which casues dizziness had this since 1999.

My hair comes out alot every time I wash it (dr insists its stress) My hair looks very lack lustre and very thin now. Various hair dressers have asked about my thryoid due to the loss of hair.

Always had heavy periods, but now they are lighter (Dr says hormone changes)

I have had in the past not so much now, tingling crampy feelings in fingers and toes.

Always have cold feet, and sometimes I feel the cold - but times I sweat too easily.

One day constipation next day diahorrea.

Vision is very bad, have one swollen eyebrow eye lid, and a droopy eye lid, vision is dark and blurred in one eye, dry eye, pupil does not dilate. (Dr says its adies syndrome GO AWAY). This was the reason for all the blood tests.

Very hairy, top of legs, stomach, chin, (Dr says it hormone changes again)

Hard painful lumps that when squeezed omit a white thick pusy discharge (DR says HORMONES again). Been tested for Glucose level, 5.2.

I always seem to be blocked one the right side of my nose and eye, wondering it it is sinus.

Find it hard to understand instructions, lack of intersest in things, things seem rather "boring" to me, sun can be shining but day seems very dull. Hard to explain that. I start a sentence and forget what I'm going to say.

Is there anywhere in the UK where I can get sorted out?

Closed Thread