It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2004, 09:02 AM   #1
Inactive

hypodude HB User
Sonogram Results are back....in English anyone?

Just got my sono results back and for those who know my deal, I have Hashi's and go through bouts of "attacks". With this latest sono, I had what felt like a ping-pong ball sized lump on the right side if my Thyroid. It seems with each attack my throid shrinks and swells. In this last attack, my antibodies were the highest they've ever been and I felt extremely hyper for about 9 days before this test. A day or two before this actual sono, my thyroid started shrinking back down again, not bothering me as much. Today, there is no lump whatsoever and I feel perfectly fine. It seems my symptoms come and go with the swelling of my Thyroid. What could be causing this thing to shrink and swell like this?

Take a look at my last 2 sono reports and let me know what you think. Should I just get this thing zapped or what? The latest sono taken last week is first:

November 23, 2004

Indication: Neck Mass

Full Result: The Thyroid is mildly enlarged and heterogeneous throughout. This diffuse abnormality could be seen with multinodular goiter or diffuse inflamatory change. The right lobe measure 5.3 x 2.2 x 1.9 cm and the left lobe measures 5.6 x 2.3 x 1.8 cm. No focal nodules or cysts are identified.

Conclusion: Heterogeneous thyroid enlargement which can be seen with multinodular goiter or thyroiditis.

March 12, 2004

Indication: Hypothyroidism

Full Result: The right lobe measures 4.9 x 1.7 x 2.1 cm and the left lobe measures 4.9 x 1.8 x 1.8 cm. Overall the gland is diffusely heterogeneous. No discrete nodule or mass is seen.

IMPRESSION: Mildly enlarged heterogeneous thyroid gland without discreet mass.

Right Lobe:

Mar. 2004: 4.9 x 1.7 x 2.1 cm
Nov. 2004: 5.3 x 2.2 x 1.9 cm

Left Lobe:

Mar. 2004: 4.9 x 1.8 x 1.8 cm
Nov. 2004: 5.6 x 2.3 x 1.8 cm

Was this just a really bad Hashi's attack?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2004, 09:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Meep HB UserMeep HB UserMeep HB User
Re: Sonogram Results are back....in English anyone?

It sounds to me like standard Hashimoto's fare. I remember as a teen, having pressure on my throat and recognize this now as the symptoms of an attack. My brother also went through the same choking sensation as well. On another popular message board I post to (that is more active than here), I have also seen numerous other people report pressure in the throat area or a choking sensation.

It looks like you were definitely experiencing some enlargement over previous sonograms, this last time. You have an increase of half a centimeter in each of two directions in the left lobe and an increase .4cm in one direction, .5cm in another and .2cm in another on the right side where you say you felt the pressure. That is a substantial amount of swelling to be concentrated in that area, if you ask me.

I am not a doctor, nor have I ever played one on TV...

Last edited by Meep; 11-29-2004 at 09:26 AM.

Old 11-29-2004, 09:38 AM   #3
Inactive

hypodude HB User

Danny...did you have your Thyroid removed? I forgot what your story is about?

Old 11-29-2004, 09:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Meep HB UserMeep HB UserMeep HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypodude
Danny...did you have your Thyroid removed? I forgot what your story is about?
No, I still have my gland, but believe that the greater portion of it was destroyed by antibodies by about 1992 or so. My health slowly and progressively go worse after that, though I had flip-flopping hypo and hyper symptoms all my life, but I wasn't diagnosed until the spring of 2000.

I don't recall having any attacks as bad as what you describe, and have never had antibodies tested, but I do recall the feelings of pressure.

I am not a doctor, nor have I ever played one on TV...

Closed Thread