It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2004, 11:49 AM   #1
(female)

kmac10 HB User
Time between bloodwork??

Hello! I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.

Quick question for those of you who have been dealing with this for awhile:

I have antibodies to thyroglobulin, TPO, and TSH receptor; I therefore have both Hashi's and Graves'. I am not very good at this whole waiting game to try and figure out what meds will work best for me. I have been feeling quite a bit better lately (I am on block-and-replace treatment with Tapazole and Synthroid), but I just switched over to the generic methimazole 2 days ago from Tapazole. It may be totally unrelated, but today I am feeling more hyper than I have in the past couple weeks. Have any of you had trouble when switching from trade name Tapazole to generic methimazole?

Also, my doctor said that we should wait at least 4 weeks before we check my bloodwork again, but it seems like I could benefit from a check much sooner than that with all of the flaring that my thyroid is doing right now...

Any input? Thanks so much. I'm still somewhat of a beginner at this.

Old 11-29-2004, 06:59 PM   #2
(female)

kmac10 HB User
Re: Time between bloodwork??

Just hoping somebody can offer some words of wisdom...

Any problems after switching from brand-name Tapazole to generic methimazole??

AND

Is 4 weeks too long between blood draws if I'm still in the acute phase of Graves' and Hashi's??

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread