It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2004, 06:04 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

softcrush HB User
Unhappy Smelly pits...Peee UUUUU!!!!

Kindly answer...no making fun of me..OKAY???

Not to be gross, but I never used to sweat....YES...I MISTED a bit at the gym before this whole thyroid mess. Now, I can't stop these pits from being so smelly, I think I'm gonna pass right out. Right after I get out of shower...the stench gets going AGAIN!!!

Anyone else have this problem?

~Noxious fumes

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2004, 06:28 PM   #2

LynnHan HB User
Re: Smelly pits...Peee UUUUU!!!!

I've had ichy armpits a time or two...and I SWEAR it's thyroid related!? Anyone else?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2004, 06:44 PM   #3
(female)

LovesTeaching HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnHan
I've had ichy armpits a time or two...and I SWEAR it's thyroid related!? Anyone else?
I've actually had this itchy problem from time to time as well. It occurred to me that I might be allergic to my anti-perspirant. No odor issues, though.

Softcrush, sorry you're dealing with this. Hope someone here can help you.

Old 11-30-2004, 06:50 PM   #4

Its Megan HB User

Yes!! You are not alone softcrush because... I used to not sweat hardly either.. I rarely even wore deodorant because I just didnt smell...but then all of a sudden...when my thyroid got messed up...I started smelling horrible!!!!!!! i had to even get a stronger deodorant because the one i had didnt do the job! lol so you are not alone

Old 11-30-2004, 07:07 PM   #5
(female)

Sherriof WV HB User

Hi Softcrush....new new member here, Sherriof WV.....yah my pitts do sometimes itch and yah I sweat alot more than I use to. I really think it has something to do with the thyroid. Suggestion.....I have tried the "crystal" deo. It is also hypoallergenic, has no aluminum chlorohydrate and the one crystal can last up to one year. It is non scented and non staining. 100% natural Mineral Salts. And get this...it can also be used also on the bottoms of your feet, under your boobs (if you sweat there) and anywhere else that you sweat with an odor. It costs around 6 dollars but after you add the cost of some of the others...this is cheap. I then will sometimes (when I go out) will use a lite antiper.... to control the wet feeling. Hope this can help !

Old 11-30-2004, 07:49 PM   #6

Segue HB User

Softcrush - you are not alone. Thyroid disease doesn't just stink - it STINKS! Sweating is a common problem when you're hyper because you can't regulate yur internal thermostat. Your body overcompensates by making you sweat and sweat and sweat. The crystals mentioned before are great. I also use a talc free powder. Those reduce odour and feel good.

Old 11-30-2004, 07:59 PM   #7
(female)

tdbr HB User

1st time here also.

I've had the same smelly and itichy. My regular MD. gave me an oniment to clear it up - thought it was all kinds of things. I tired different deoderants all price ranges and put on different times of the days ect.... - I changed to Secret areosol spray deoderant and haven't had a problem - I just feel bad for the ozone....... I don't know what it has that the others don't but it worked.

Old 11-30-2004, 11:45 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

softcrush HB User

Thanks you guys. You are the BEST!

Thanks for the Crystal deorderant suggestion. My gosh. So glad to hear I am not alone. No aluminium? I'm so glad you added that. I just read something that says "Aluminium whether used in cooking pans, or in deorderant causes Altzheimer's.

I'm already battling enough dimentia...YA KNOW?

Do you happen to know, do all drugstores carry it, or is it one of those that only Walgreens carries?

By the way...WELCOME newbies! Glad to have you on board.

Old 12-02-2004, 10:04 AM   #9
(female)

Sherriof WV HB User

Softcrush: I'm glad that I could help. I bought my cyrstal deo at the local CVS store. It's in a pink transparent plastic container and you apply it to your damp skin after a shower. Hope you find it! Sherriof WV

Closed Thread