It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2004, 10:03 PM   #1

sheritap HB User
WOW what a great day.

Hello everyone, since I always seem to be at my wits end when I post, I thought that I would share a great day with you.

1st I will brag about hubbie......he got promoted to sargent today on the police force. (starting out good huh?)
Go to my appintment (interview ) and quess what????? This wonderful woman who is in my humble opinion is a saint in doctors clothing, not only understood my frustration with the leg and hip pain and the brain fog and the ungodly heat outbreaks and the lack of sleep and ringing in the ears and the lack of sex drive and and and and. Her first opinion was that I was WAY over medicated.(1.5) since my results on the TSH were .08 I should not have been upped in levoxyl and since I have such bad reactions with synthroid she opted for the ARMOUR. And get this, (you would think she reads this board) she says "lets go half in the am and half in the pm since it has a tendancy to fade out in the evening if you take the whole dose at one time"....

Are you beleiving this? I am like someone pinch me . Then she says that if in 6 weeks we dont see some kind of improvement we will look at the weight gain from another angle. wow what a day. no crying in the stairwell today, no sir.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2004, 12:12 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

softcrush HB User
Re: WOW what a great day.

Sheri tap...Great news. Glad to hear you have a hubby in uniform. That's got be so cool! Is he cute in it?

Sounds like yuu ar making some headway there. Some words of caution/and hope for your next move perhaps.

Two cents...no big know-it-all here or anything. I'm going to be doing a careful addition of time-released porcine extract in addition to my T4. The goal is to not get all messed up with straight Armour again. I went that route and it was pretty scarey. Not to say YOU will have a bad time....I just want to tell you my experience and what I learned.

I can see why we need a baseline t4...and I can see why the 100 percent pig stuff doesn't always work. Pigs have a different thyroid hormone ratio to us. The t3 is so powerful that it can really yank your whole chemistry out of balance. Some say its TEN times more potent than t4....so one must be very careful.

You are gonna do a swap...be careful how you do it. I'm actually thinking you should not to a suddent change out...it will jolt your system. Your doc may not know how to guide you through this...or that directionwise..might not be the best way to handle it.

I plan to take 106 Synthroid...and 7.5 milligrams time released- porcine extract. That will equal about 110.5 T4 and 1.1 T3. See that small t3? That's all I want to put in my system until I can see how it goes. Maybe I won't even know its there...but I rather be careful, intead of freaking out my poor little worn out earth system.

Please feel free to ask MEEP! He is a real right man for this job.

I wish you and your Sergeant the best.

Keep us posted....

~S

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2004, 10:28 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

lillypad HB User

Where are you getting the time released armour?

Old 12-01-2004, 04:39 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

softcrush HB User

There is a Compounder Association -- the International academy of compounding pharamasists. Maybe you can see if they have a member compounder near you.

I found mine by calling the hospital..they have all kinds of wierd needs..so I figured their pharmacy might know a compounder. THEY did. GOOD trick..ha?

There happens to be one in West Springfield, Mass. I just got back from my Endo appoinment...and this woman has TONS of experience/Noteriety. I just introduced her to THIS idea today.

I brought the brochure which talks about time-release T3 and showed it to her. While she was writing out my script...I asked her to write in for it to be "componded time-release," and she gladly accomodated.

ADDED NOTE:

My compounder uses a clumping agent to make it time-released as opposed to the intercoded capsules. He says the clumping is better because the capsules release their contents when they hit the gut juices anyway. So...NOT all time release methods are EQUAL.

Pretty cool ha? YA SEE? Got to sell these folks on how best to treat you.

Old 12-03-2004, 01:13 PM   #5

sheritap HB User

So far no side effects or changes...... I think that is a good thing. I was kindoa hoping that the foot pain would stop but not yet. Thanks for the congradulations on hubbie..... I could not be more proud of him. But let me just tell you something. He got the promotion, I got the sewing job . I had to remove all of his Master Patrolman patches and sew on all the Sargent patches. 2per sleave 5 long sleve 4 short sleve and 2 coats. 22 patches by hand. I guess that just goes to show for every silver lining there is a cloud.hahahahaha

Old 12-03-2004, 02:16 PM   #6

dogtired HB User

That's great news Sheritap it's really nice to hear success stories

Closed Thread