It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2004, 11:38 AM   #1
(female)

BonBe HB User
Red face Brain Fog Supreme

talk about brain fog earlier.

Today I had a doctor appointment that I had to really get my wimpy self phsyched up for. (takes alot for me to talk to doctors when I know I will sound goofy) It is not thyroid related, but need also to get my prescription renewed. Booked the appt for both me and my daugher, and I had my list of things to do with the MM I have and am having some sort of treatment for though all that is still unclear. Some of you know about me and my stupid MR.MOLE who was not such a cute dear afterall.

However, in we march.... Daughter even circled some suspicious moley things she has spotted, in BLUE washable CD marker pen!! oh me! I had wanted to appointment today (wed) as DD was not working and thus no rush *I still am unsure about driving when having these brain fog stuff, though my levels are ok and all that is fine.... BUT brain fog, menopause, other issues weighing on my brain fors sure.

We sit down, I think "Hmm I will go and ask that DD go in first" and the secretary bless her (says "oh Bonnie, how nice to see you what can I do for you? I said "well can you put DD in for the first appt me in for the second? she checks her book, she checks her computer, she smiles that knowing smile and says "but you re booked tomorrow, doctor does not have office hours on Wednesday (never has) always at the hosptial doing surgery on Wednesday ----- I did not even turn red. I just felt my shoulders sink, my feet curl, and my blood pressure dropped or soared (could not tell) Then I said thankyou and marched out with DD in tow.

BRAIN FOG combined with other things makes for dangerous to her self Bonnie. Then on to grocery shopping tripped over a crate that held cartons of eggs, some little TEEEEENY older man tried to rescue me, (damsel in distress) well he was half my weight, and thank GOD I did not swear like a hmmmm but said ever so OLD LADY LIKE "oh my goodness gracious" just like that old granny on the cartoon with tweety bird.....OOOOOOOOH (I am 54)

Just thought I would share for all us here who do stupid things, and I have learned to accept my 'moments' with GRACE and dignity hahaha

Think I should have a nap now. Don't YOU? been a day for sure and now I have to get up my nerve to talk unknown talk tomorrow.....

In the dark Bonnie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2004, 02:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User
Re: Brain Fog Supreme

It seems like your had a very brain foggy day I thought today was Tuesday. That is a little bit of brain fog.

I am 51. Seems like I am getting forgetful more every day.

Old 12-01-2004, 03:16 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

softcrush HB User

Wow..you guys are fogged out. What kind of labs are you guys coming up with when you are fogged out like that. I'm curious to know what you are on? Bonbe: are you taking any T3?

Old 12-01-2004, 05:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eagle HB UserEagle HB UserEagle HB User

That was funny about tripping over the cartons of eggs and having the old fellow try to rescue you! Thanks for sharing.

Not to worry, lots of us are in the same boat. A hypo friend and I went to Big Boy the other day, ordered a club sandwich to share, on grilled rye, really delicious. It had bacon and tomatoe, turkey, etc., cut in four pieces so each could have two quarter pieces.

I couldn't think to consider 5.99 as $6 to divide up the bill, and she had some 2-day old turkey in her fridge at home, which she was determined to eat instead of the wonderful fresh. Between us, we get by. Next time before making a date I'll ask if her fridge is clear.

Old 12-02-2004, 06:29 AM   #5
(female)

BonBe HB User

My last set of labs which included the Free's were ok by standards.... that was hmmm let me see

I finally was able to ask for the Free's along with the regular and also a copy of my report. (I live in Canada and it is not common practice to get our lab reports) however....In January of this year I had been on eltroxin 50mg since 1996, I asked for an recieved synthroid 75mg (eltroxin doesnt come in that strength...no problem switching so far. Now prior to the change in med strength my levels were

JANUARY 2004

TSH 1.70 range 0.30 - 4.70
T3 TOTAL RIA 1.6 range 0.7 - 2.1
T4 FREE 21.1 range 9.1 - 23.8
FREE T3 5.5 range 2.5 - 5.7

JUNE 2004

TSH 1.83 range 0.30 to 4.70
T3 Total RIA 1.9 range 0.7 - 2.1
T4 FREE 15.1 range 9.1 - 23.8
Free T3 5.5 range 2.5 - 5.7

Other members here, have said these results are not that off and some said they are darn good and I do not understand this stuff, so just plod along. But yes It would be sooooo neat to actually see the results when a day like yesterday happens....... (that was my worst time) but I thinik that stress plays soooo much in our day to day, and I am not s stressy person, but sometimes the recent events in my health life, play havoc with me.

The doctor did not fuss...now I must also keep in mind, that was before this cancer surgery (not thyroid related) and this life change I am having to deal with...(diff outlook) and other issues I am having now...so when I get more blood drawn I will ask for the Free's again, (not normally done)

So today when I really for real GO TO THE DOCTOR I shall ask for the Free T3 and Free T4 along with the usual stuff as I must get my script renewed, and they always do the labs prior to that. usually once a year, but lately it is every 6 months due to these other problems.

Hope today goes BETTER all around...... and no kindly old fellow with his solitary shopping basket (My DD tried to tease me, and say he was trying to PICK ME UP hahahah oh but such a gentleman....

Bonnie

Closed Thread