It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2004, 03:05 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User
Question Question about pain!!!!

Yesterday my knees were killing me. Today my back is killing me.(no I don't set at the computer all day)

I was just wondering if anyone else has pains in different areas of the body?

Old 12-01-2004, 03:11 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

softcrush HB User
Re: Question about pain!!!!

Yup

My whole body. Its like wearing a razor wire outfit and someone took a hammer to my bones. It hurts to move...and even when I don't.

What med are you on?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2004, 03:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User

I am taking Armour. I have reduced the dose because I felt like hyper was coming back again.

Was taking 1 grain and reduced it to 1/2 gr. I am selfmedicating because the doctor wouldn't give me any meds because my TSH is suppressed. My t4 was low. I was planning on stopping the Armour for two weeks before I get bloodtests in hopes it will show I am hypo and the doctor MIGHT give me some meds.

I don't know if it would be worth it.

Old 12-01-2004, 04:11 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

softcrush HB User

Have you seen any labs since you current dosage?

Old 12-01-2004, 05:34 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eagle HB UserEagle HB UserEagle HB User

Anyone know any herbals that would get you through such an experiment and not show up on your labs? And if you completely go off your meds, or most of it, could it do any permanent damage so that they might not work for you afterwards? Just wondering. I don't know.

Yesterday I received an email add for one but the list of things it does for you includes lowering blood pressure, and some of us are already too low, one of our many hypo symptoms.

Old 12-01-2004, 05:42 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

My main concern is I thought it was illegal. You can order a 3 month supply.
SShhh!! I was sweating it.

So, I'll just keep taking my Armour and tell the doc(if he happens to ask)

It has made me feel sooo much better. Losing weight, normal temps., no lump in my thoat, no constipation, no more snoring(my husband says)

Old 12-02-2004, 07:29 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Talking Re: Question about pain!!!!

[QUOTE=Lady50]My main concern is I thought it was illegal. You can order a 3 month supply. SShhh!! I was sweating it. So, I'll just keep taking my Armour and tell the doc(if he happens to ask) " (End of quote selection)

Reply: You mean you obtained a 3 mo. supply of Armour and take it along with whatever the doctor prescribed, or instead of what he prescribed? Has anyone tried Dr. Wilson's "ThyroCare"? Does it have T3? And so does dessicated thyroid? Thanks in advance.

Old 12-02-2004, 07:43 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh no I don't take anything the doctor gave me. He didn't give me anything because he just looked at my TSH(which is suppressed) but my t4 was low and I felt awful. I had all the symptoms of hypoT. Took RAI Feb.

If I get my insurance, I am going to see if he will give me something. It's worth a try. I am going to tell him what I am doing and go from there.

I'm confused

Old 12-02-2004, 10:16 AM   #9
Senior Veteran

Benzi HB User

Yes, when I am hypo all large joints hurt (knees,hips shoulders and my spine) also my hand swell and hurt. When I get hyper I have chest pains and lose lots of weight and have to drink lots of high calorie drinks (ensure ect) to stay at 110 lbs. ( can not, no way, eat enough calories)

Old 12-03-2004, 09:19 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

We Can't Win for Losing?

Why not just tell him someone on the forums did this, which leaves you all the wiggle room you need?

He'd certainly be grossly insulted if you said you did it, call it "NONCOMPLIANCE" or something worse, maybe even put you on a list for local doctors to avoid or something like that! (A worstcase scenario.) Play it safe, and let us know what happens, okay?

I found some dessicated thyroid from COWS at a healthfood store where a girl has been hyper and had fibromyalgia, just tried a capsule for the first time this morning, lowered my prescription dose. I'm feeling pretty good right now but it's only been about 3 hrs.

Why even tell the endocrinologist, who may have a "big head" and not respect what patients say very much, according to a site about endo's in my area. Four people already checked a box saying he did poorly on that. But I wouldn't deliberately offend him, may need him again later on for something or other. I had an adrenals test when b.p. went "too low", which I later learned is a hypo-thyroid symptom, and he wanted to get into diabetes, put me on insulin, but my family doctors understand I'm afraid of getting too old to give myself shots, and there's lots of orals right now. I'm doing pretty well on Avandia, Starlix, Glucotrol, Metformin.

May have developed a resistance to antibiotics, will ask my foot doctor, the one I see next, how long it takes to get over it, or if you even can.

Doctors usually have such firm pre-conceived notions, we just don't have to tell all that we know. Can't you just tell him someone on the forums did whatever? And it's true. You're someone on the forums.

Old 12-03-2004, 10:00 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you for the expertise help. I will only tell what I am doing if I have to.
No big deal anyway.

Will have to search the healthfood stores for what I need. That would probably be safer. They make it from cows too??? I didn't know that.

Thanks

Old 12-03-2004, 02:39 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

That sounds like a reasonable price.

Last edited by moderator2; 12-03-2004 at 09:20 PM. Reason: please carefully review the posting rules

Old 12-04-2004, 09:27 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Whoops guess I was wrong. Sorry Eagle made a mistake there. Must have been on the high cholesterol board.

Old 12-04-2004, 11:43 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User

(((((hugs))))) lady

Old 12-05-2004, 06:35 PM   #15

sheritap HB User

I seem to be in more pain after I have relaxed and then tried to move.I find it very painfull to get up in the morning,I seem to forget that it is going to hurt when I take that first step and try to bound out of bed but my feet feel like the bones are about to snap and I cant stand up straight. But after a few moments it gets ok. I am more stiff since I started the armour. but I am atributing that to the change in meds. (i hope i am right)

Mostly my pian is in my hips legs and feet

Oh I have also found that you should not try to do all of your christmas shopping in one day. I beleive it will truly kill you.

Closed Thread