It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2004, 04:04 PM   #1

Noahsmommy HB User
OH Boy..

In July I was diagnosed as hypo, but I have some symptoms of hyper. Mainly I have the internal shakiness feeling and jitters. I thought it was the medicine I am taking causing it. (Levothyroxine) but I stopped taking the medicine for a while (my dr. doesn't know that) and without the medicine it made the shakiness worse. So I started taking it again which helps the shakiness but it is still there just not as bad. Does anyone else have this symptom?? Does it ever go away? What can I do about it?? Will changing my diet help make it stop? Thanks

Old 12-01-2004, 04:13 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

SandraM HB User
Re: OH Boy..

Never stop the meds without the Drs. knowledge. By the sounds of it your meds aren't regulated right yet. Sometimes that take time to get it right. Have you had any blood tests since you were put on these meds?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2004, 06:13 PM   #3
Inactive

hypodude HB User

That's got hyper written all over it. You bneed to run more tests, particularly the T3. I had trouble with Synthroid as well where I was shaking like crazy and trembling all over. For me, my first doc never bothered to check my T3 and just went on my TSH number....turns out my T3 was borderline HIGH without meds and my TSH was HIGH too....after taking the meds, I went directly into Hyper land. Could very well be a sign of Hashi's.

You need to get rechecked before doing anything. Try calling the doctor to describe your symptoms and if you do not get the typical "its all in your mind" then stick with your doc. You need to get a TSH, Free T3, Free T4, Total T3 (less important), TOTAL T4 (Thyroxine) (less important) and if you can squeeze him to run both antibodies that would be helpful.

Some people just can't tolerate Synthroid/Levo. I was one of those.

That shakiness is a tremor...symptomatic of someone who is Hyperthyroid, not Hypo.

You should check your body temp to see if you are running above 98.6 degrees and check your pulse to see if it is higher than normal. Usually with Hyper, you will tend to get a few intermitent heart palpitations as well from time to time.

Keep us posted.

Old 12-01-2004, 07:01 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

softcrush HB User

Hypodude..What are you taking now in the way of t4 that doesn't cause shakiness?

Old 12-02-2004, 04:37 AM   #5
Inactive

hypodude HB User

Now, I take nothing. If anything cause of my numbers, my Free T3 and T4 are mysteriously perfect with a high TSH. We're taking a "wait and see" approach. I have beta blockers in the event I turn hyper again. Its quite odd...been checked from head to toe and my Free T3 are perfect at the upper end of the normal range by my TSH remains high at 6 - 9 range. My antibodies were also very high recently and I have a goiter. Got an appointment Monday to see if surgery is the answer.

Closed Thread