It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2004, 09:41 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lucky charms HB User
the pest is back

ok, im coming off my thyroid med all except half of my 30 mg nature throid until i can find a dr that can tell me what in the world is going on in my body. I can not tolerate any freaking thyroid pill that is given to me when i take it everything gets worse so whats the dang point.If its anxiety than buddy boy its doing a whopper on me.
Im starting a one source vitamin that has 150 mcg if iodine and selenium 200 mcg..would those be able to support the thyroid function?
heres my latest labs
tsh 13.06 .34- 4.82
free t4 .60 .5 - 1.5
free t3 2.79 1.8 - 4.2
estradiol 79 it says outside range ...but i dont see the ranges anywhere
fsh 3.56 with in range....still i see no ranges
also what on earth is a luteinizing hormone?
its 7.72
take care

Old 12-03-2004, 06:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User
Re: the pest is back

I'm just bumping you up!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2004, 09:21 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Benzi HB User

I wish I could help you but all I know is that if my TSH is that high (sorry Meep) I feel like this: Depressed, muscle aches, nerve pain, headaches, gain weight, insomnia, extreem tiredness, Have had a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia when I am low TSH. My face swells and have had vision problems and brain Fog too. What kind's of thyroid drugs have you tried? And what were the side effects that they caused?

Old 12-03-2004, 01:45 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lucky charms HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzi
I wish I could help you but all I know is that if my TSH is that high (sorry Meep) I feel like this: Depressed, muscle aches, nerve pain, headaches, gain weight, insomnia, extreem tiredness, Have had a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia when I am low TSH. My face swells and have had vision problems and brain Fog too. What kind's of thyroid drugs have you tried? And what were the side effects that they caused?
Oh lord Ive tried everything in the book...Tried synthroid 1st caused like a creepy crawling sensation over my body extreme fatigue, rapid heart rate and tirdness , levoxyl caused headaches and enternal shakes, armour aggravated my asthma.So I swapped to Nature throid which did fine with my levels and a bit easier on the system but I didnt feel any better.If anything I felt worse and my low sugar symptoms got worse and my anxiety. So the dr decided for me to add levothyroid and to cut back on my nature throid to see if that would help bad mistake b/c my labs got all screwed up as you can tell.
I know in my heart it has to be my adrenlines playing a role in this.now trying to convince my Dr that and to treat me is a diffrent story. All I know is Im kicking myself for even trying to correct my thyroid problem I felt so much better before I even started treatment for my thyroid and my tsh was a 34.529 so go figure.All I want to do is feel alive again : (
take care

Old 12-03-2004, 02:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Meep HB UserMeep HB UserMeep HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzi
Nothing to apologize about. TSH goes high when T3 and T4 go lower than your body likes. My point in always saying that TSH is not connected to symptoms is because TSH does not cause the symptoms. The symptoms actually follow the T3 and T4 levels like TSH is supposed to (but TSH doesn't always give an accurate picture).

I am not a doctor, nor have I ever played one on TV...

Old 12-03-2004, 02:16 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Meep HB UserMeep HB UserMeep HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeme28
ok, im coming off my thyroid med all except half of my 30 mg nature throid until i can find a dr that can tell me what in the world is going on in my body. I can not tolerate any freaking thyroid pill that is given to me when i take it everything gets worse so whats the dang point.If its anxiety than buddy boy its doing a whopper on me.
If you have a reaction like that to thyroid meds, you VERY likely have Adrenal Fatigue. If you have Adrenal Fatigue (or the worse form of it: Addison's Disease) then you will hae TERRIBLE reactions to the thyroid meds. Your doctor is suposed to know this and treat adrenal problems first, but doctors who do that are very rare.

Do som reading and post some on the Addison's board, here at Healthboards. Chris who posts there and here sometimes is very knowledgeable in Adrenal issues and can help you understand what is going on. We both highly recommend the book Adrenal Fatigue: 21st Century Stress Syndrome.

If you can , get your doc to prescribe 20mg of Cortef daily split into 3 doses (10mg with Breakfast, 5 with lunch and 5 with dinner) to see if that healps you tolerate your thyroid meds better. I take it liek that every day with no side effects other than better health, and better toleration for changes in my thyroid meds back when I was tweaking my dose all the time.

Quote:
Im starting a one source vitamin that has 150 mcg if iodine and selenium 200 mcg..would those be able to support the thyroid function?
Yes, that could be helpful, especially if you are iodine deficient. That sounds liek a reasonable combination, but you still need to treat the likely underlying adrenal fatigue.

Quote:
heres my latest labs
tsh 13.06 .34- 4.82
free t4 .60 .5 - 1.5
free t3 2.79 1.8 - 4.2
estradiol 79 it says outside range ...but i dont see the ranges anywhere
fsh 3.56 with in range....still i see no ranges
also what on earth is a luteinizing hormone? its 7.72
Thyroid labs indicate that your body is screaming out for thyroid hormones, but your adrenals can't produce the chemicals to help your body deal with the stress of taking thyroid meds. Both Free T3 and Free T4 need to come up, and that is why your TSH is elevated.

If I had to guess, Estradiol is probably high. but I can't be sure without the range.

FSH= Follicle Stimulating Hormone stimulates the release estrogens (estradiol)

Luteinizing hormone or LH stimulates the release of estrogen in the first half of the menstrual cycle. Later a surge of LH triggers the maturation of the egg and its release (ovulation) in the middle of the cycle, then stimulates the now-empty follicle to develop into the corpus luteum, which secretes progesterone during the latter half of the menstrual cycle.

I am not a doctor, nor have I ever played one on TV...

Old 12-03-2004, 03:59 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

lucky charms HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisgj
Likeme28 luteinizing hormone is a pituitary hormone that stimulates sex hormone production. As I have helped you on the Addison's board, I can say here that as you probably have an adrenal problem, the thyroid hormone is probably building up on you and maybe lowering your cortisol level. You must treat the adrenals before the thyroid. The tough part is finding a doc that knows this.

Have you tried looking for an osteopath?

Chris
Yes, Chris I have tried..Ive been to 6 drs thats seem to know less than I do.
Im going back to the Dr Monday and beg and plead with him to give me a trial dose of whatever it is you take for your adrenalines.I mean God it cant hurt.I really thank you so much for helping me...Take Care

Old 12-03-2004, 04:09 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

lucky charms HB User

[QUOTE=Meep]

If you can , get your doc to prescribe 20mg of Cortef daily split into 3 doses (10mg with Breakfast, 5 with lunch and 5 with dinner) to see if that healps you tolerate your thyroid meds better. I take it liek that every day with no side effects other than better health, and better toleration for changes in my thyroid meds back when I was tweaking my dose all the time.
[ quote ] Is this the lowest dose they have to offer? When I go to the DR Monday Im going to ask for a trial dose to see if I feel any improvement.Now if by some chance the DR approves would I have to been on this for life or just until my thyroid is under control and everything is in balance?

Closed Thread